✔ Eighteenth Chapter

After our lessons, Sian and I decided to go to the supermarket.

We bought some fruits, vegetables, yogurts, granola bars, and many more nutritious foods.

"I think we have enough," Sian said after I put the eggs on the cart. "He'll just stay for a night anyway."

"Right. So, what about orange juice and fat-free milk?" I asked.

"Oh yeah huh? Tama ka, dear. Let's go get some," she replied and pushed the cart while I followed her.

"Okay, dun na tayo sa cashier with the shortest or no line," I said after we got those drinks and pushed the cart with her to turn to the next aisle.

But I stopped as we got in the middle as a couple came into my view at the other end of the aisle.

"Syl," I whispered. My heart skipped a beat because of the horror my body immediately felt. He's with her, with that girl Violet... and I started to tremble.

Sian realized it, too and moved the cart around that made me flinched. That woke me up from my frightened state and helped her push the cart with shaky hands.

"Shocks, shocks, shocks! Why are they here?" she whispered as we tried to run away from them as far as possible, as soon as possible.

"Wait, is that the pig?" I heard Violet asked.

"Damn it!" I hissed. "Hurry dear!"

"Where?" he asked, alert.

"There babe!" 

"Siete!" dear hissed, too. "Left dear, we'll go to the left."

I followed her instruction and we went to the left. Sumakit bigla ang katawan ko dahil sa biglaang aksyon. My ribs are hurting, too.

"Dear, w-what if m-maabutan n-nila t-tay—"

"No. Not going to happen dear," putol niya sa'kin. "Go to the line, and I'll be a decoy. Go!"

Using all the strength I still have, I ran to the cashier. I didn't look back and as soon as I know that I'm near the cashier register, I slowed down my pace.

After a little while, Sian showed up and we rushed ourselves and the cashier register. We paid the items and almost ran to the exit.

"They got me," Sian said while we are walking. "They said that they saw you with me, but I insisted that I was alone," she gulped. 

That brought the horror back. Nagsimulang manginig ulit ang buong katawan ko as I felt my bottom touched a bench of the mall we are in.

"N-No, t-that can't be. No, no, no." Tears were starting to flow from my eyes. I hugged myself, goosebumps all over my body. "T-They're gonna hurt me. They're gonna hurt m—"

"Calm down Zie." Dear held my hand. Binaba niya muna 'yung mga plastics sa side like I did, and went to hug me. "They were convinced."

"W-What?" I looked up to her, shaking.

Hinawi niya ang buhok ko and wiped my tears off. "May sinabi 'yung Violet that made both of them happy and contented."

Nagpantig ang tainga ko. "Violet? What did that woman said?"

Sian suddenly looked angry but still said it. And it boiled my blood so much that I wanted to show to her ugly face that I'm alive and breathing.

"She said, 'Namalik-mata lang ata tayo, babe. Wala na 'yung baboy na 'yun. She's not coming back and she will never be. We will never see that ugly pig ever again. She is freaking dead."