✔ Forty-first Chapter

"Mr. Travis I won't tolerate your irresponsible actions in my company. You are a –"

"I know, I know! Its just –" He rubbed his face with both of his palms. "I'm sorry Zie. Namomoblema lang ako sa Empire ko." Napaupo siya sa upuan sa harap ng desk ko. Pinatawag ko kasi siya here in my office because of his clumsy actions these past few days.

"Your Empire? What about your Empire?" Tumaas ang isang kilay ko.

He sighed in defeat. "I received an anonymous email that said, 'Better check your finance, Travis.' I was going to ignore it but, well, I thought na wala namang mawawala if I did do what the email had said. And so I checked... to find out that my Empire is in the verge of bankruptcy!"

I hid my smile with a fake gasp. "You're going to be bankrupt? How did that happen?"

He shook his head. "I don't know but it seems that my trusted shareholders were doing something behind my back and that mainly includes wasting my Empire's money! In few months, if I don't get those money back tuluyan akong mabankrupt!"

"I'm sorry to hear that."

He sighed again. "That's just one of my problems."

"You have another one?"

He looks up and met my eyes. "I can't contact my shareholders and I found out, too, that they fcking sold their shares to someone!" He pounded my desk.

I faked a flinch. "Someone you say? You mean," I gulped. "There was only one who bought all of your shareholders' shares?"

"Looks like it," napatiim-bagang siyang napatingin sa baba.

"Does that mean you're not the owner of your Empire anymore?"

Napatayo ito bigla. Sa sobrang bilis ay muntikan ng matumba ang upuan ng inuupuan niya kanina. 

"I'M THE ONLY OWNER OF MY EMPIRE! HINDI AKO PAPAYAG NA MAPUNTA YUN KUNG KANINO LANG! I DID EVERYTHING TO HAVE THAT EMPIRE! MY FAMILY DID EVERYTHING TO GET TO THE TOP OF THIS BUSINESS CHAIN! THE TRAVIS WOULD NOT LET WHAT BECAME THEIRS BE OWNED BY A PIECE OF FVCKING TRASH!"

He pounded my desk with his palms. 

"What's ours is ours! And we will fvcking kill those who stand in our way. And this fvcking shit who bought my Empire's shares? Once I found out that son of a bitch, I will personally kill and torture him inside out."

Nilapit niya ang mukha niya sa akin at nanlilisik ang mga mata niya, pero I stayed strong and didn't make a move to get away. "We already took down the first problem before, and we are not going to hesitate to do it again."

And with that, he stormed out of my office ending up banging my door close. Pumasok si Kira after ng ilang segundo and I heard Syl's faint voice from the outside.

"GET THE FVCK OUT OF MY WAY!"

Kira looked at me in a wonder. "What was that about?"

I shrugged. "I called him here to ask about his actions these past few days and then he just started to tell me his problems."

"Ha. And you did not ask any questions at all," she remarked sarcastically.

I crossed my arms. "I was being nice."

"Nice? Oh please." She rolled her eyes and we both laughed. "So, what did you get from his outburst?"

"Pretty much what I wanted to. The Empire will be bankrupt in a matter of months, he found out about his shareholders, and that he's not the owner of the Empire anymore."