✔ Fourteenth Chapter

My phone went off all of a sudden and it gave me uneasiness.

I'm having this kind of nervousness that tells me not to answer the phone. Intuition? I don't know, but one thing is for sure. This feeling of mine . . . it's giving me a warning that if I answer this phone call, my life would change forever.

Hahayaan ko na sanang mag-straight to voicemail 'yung tawag ng biglang may sumagot nito.

"Hello?" he said. "Yeah, good noon, too. I don't care who the hell you are but your number is not registered on my cousin's phone. Therefore, let's do both of us a favor and stop calling my cousin's number."

And with that, he hanged up.

I jumped out my bed and hugged this guy. "Kuya Blake! I miss you!"

He hugs me back while chuckling. "I miss you, too, Princess. Now, care to tell me who just called?"

I pouted at his question. "You already know that whoever called was not on my phone-book. That means, I have no clue who it was. I'm actually thankful at what you said to that caller, kuya."

Siningkitan niya ako ng mata. "Are you sure? The caller was a man, and his a lawyer of I-don't-know-and-I-don't-care family."

I slapped his broad shoulder. "Kuya naman eh! You just came back from the States and that's how you're going to treat me? You didn't even have pasalubongs for me, and you're already speculating me about some anonymous call?"

Tumawa lang siya sa tampu-tampuhan ko. "Princess, Princess. You think your favorite cousin would forgive himself for not getting you your pasalubongs?" He tapped my nose. "See those paper bags?" He pointed at the bags by the door. "All of your favorite clothes, dresses, and accessories are there. All from your almighty cousin, Blake Ayala."

My eyes twinkle in excitement at tatakbo na sana ako papunta dun pero pinigilan ako ni kuya.

"Nuh-uh," he shook his head. "You're going downstairs with me, Princess. The clan misses the Princess. You must go and see them, or else they would all go here at your tower." He winked at me.

"Really? The whole Ayala Clan is here?" 'Di makapaniwala kong tanong.

Tumango siya. "Yup! Let's go."

I skipped to go link my arm to his arm. "Yey! I'm going to see the whole clan again! Oh my gosh kuya Blake! You know what that means? Hihi! I have tons and tons of pasalubongs!"

Tinawanan lang niya ko as we headed downstairs. I saw my clan again, and they all hugged me. Of course I have many pasalubongs from them!

We all had fun getting together again. My mom and dad did an amazing job with ordering great foods and so, all of us were having a great time.

Such a great time not knowing that it would be the last time we would be smiling together.

Another day has passed, and my phone rang again. Silly me, I answered it without looking.

"Hello?"

[Good afternoon Princess Mackenzie Ayala.]

Kumunot-noo ako with the old man's voice. "Yes? What can I do for you, sir?"

[This is the family and the company lawyer of Travis family. I'm George Villen.]

"And what can I do for you Sir Villen," I leaned on my chair. I'm busy studying and this unknown man is calling me? Talk about waste of time.