𝐂𝐇 • 𝟏𝟎

═────────────═

A week had passed since the Christmas party, and Y/n couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over her.

Despite their intimate moment on the rooftop, Mina had become increasingly distant, leaving Y/n feeling confused and uncertain about where they stood.

As she sat in her house, lost in thought, Dr. Cho's unexpected announcement shattered the silence.

Dr. Cho cleared his throat, his expression serious as he addressed Y/n.

"Y/n, I need to speak with you about something important" he began, his tone grave.

She looked up, sensing the weight behind his words. "What is it, sir?" she asked, a sense of apprehension creeping over her.

"I've been offered an opportunity to train a promising young student overseas" Dr. Cho explained. "And I've decided to take it."

Her heart sank as the implications of his words sank in.

"Does this mean..." she trailed off, unable to finish the thought.

He nodded solemnly. "Yes, it means that Mina will be accompanying me. She'll be undergoing an intensive training program for the foreseeable future."

A wave of mixed emotions washed over Y/n—sadness, uncertainty, and a lingering sense of longing. "But what about... us?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Dr. Cho's expression softened, sympathy evident in his eyes. "I understand this must be difficult for you, Y/n. But Mina's education and future come first. I'm sure you'll find a way to navigate this challenge together."

Her furrowed her brows, a tinge of frustration coloring her tone.

"Isn't it unfair that you'll be tutoring Mina instead of me, your own daughter?" she questioned, her voice tinged with a hint of hurt.

His expression softened, understanding the underlying concern behind her words.

"Y/n, I know you're capable of studying on your own" he replied gently, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Besides, I believe you possess a different kind of intelligence and responsibility compared to Mina."

Y/n's gaze softened as she absorbed her father's words. Despite her initial apprehension, she couldn't deny the truth in his assessment.

Deep down, she knew that she possessed her own unique strengths and capabilities, ones that would guide her through the challenges ahead.

With a nod of understanding, she silently resolved to make the most of the situation, determined to prove herself in her own way.

Meanwhile Mina