𝐂𝐇 • 𝟐𝟖

───────── ౨ৎ ─────────

"Are you looking for Ms. Cho Y/n?" The voice, tinged with a hint of curiosity, drew Mina's attention, and she turned to see a figure standing nearby.

With a mixture of relief and urgency, Mina nodded fervently. "Yes, have you seen her?" she asked, her voice trembling with apprehension.

The person nodded, a small smile gracing their lips.

"Follow me" they said, leading Mina towards the rooftop garden. As they ascended, the air grew cooler, and the sound of rustling leaves and distant traffic faded into the background.

Upon reaching the rooftop garden, the person gestured towards a bench nestled amidst a sea of fluttering butterflies.

"She's over there" they said softly before turning to leave.

But as Mina approached the bench, her heart sank at the sight before her. Y/n was nowhere to be found, leaving behind only the faint scent of flowers and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze.

Confusion clouded Mina's mind as she turned back to the person who had led her there, only to realize that they were not who she had thought.

Instead, she found herself face to face with a woman whose gaze held a hint of melancholy.

"I'm sorry" the woman said quietly, her voice tinged with sadness. "I thought she was here."

Mina's brows furrowed in confusion as she studied the woman before her. "Do you know Y/n?" she asked, her tone tinged with curiosity.

"Are you sure Y/n was here?" she asked gently, her voice laced with empathy.

The girl nodded, her gaze distant as if lost in a dream.

"Yes, I saw her sitting right there" she replied softly, gesturing towards the empty bench with a sense of certainty.

Mina's heart sank at her words, realizing that the woman was hallucinating. She knew she needed to handle the situation delicately, guiding her back to reality while also gathering any information she could about Y/n's whereabouts.

"What's your name?" she asked gently, her voice soft yet filled with curiosity.

The girl hesitated for a moment before responding, "Yoo Jeongyeon."

Mina nodded, committing the name to memory before urging Jeongyeon to continue.

"Jeongyeon.. Tell me more about Y/n" she prompted, her heart pounding in her chest as she awaited the girl's response.

Jeongyeon's eyes lit up with a gentle warmth as she spoke about Y/n. "Y/n often chats and plays with me" she began, a fond smile tugging at her lips. "She's always so kind and caring, like she has a heart of gold."

Mina felt a pang of guilt tug at her conscience as she listened to Jeongyeon's words. Y/n had always been compassionate and selfless, even in the face of adversity.

Jeongyeon continued to speak, her voice soft but filled with sincerity.

"Y/n often talked about a girl she loves the most" she revealed, her words carrying a hint of fondness. "She would smile whenever she mentioned her, like she was the light of her life."

"Do you know anything else about this girl?" Mina asked eagerly, her eyes searching Jeongyeon's face for any hint of recognition.

Jeongyeon shook her head, her expression thoughtful. "I'm sorry, I don't know much else" she admitted regretfully. "But Y/n always spoke about her with such love and affection. It was clear she meant the world to her."