𝐂𝐇 • 𝟐𝟎

───────── ౨ৎ ─────────

Mina's patience had been stretched to its limit. For three consecutive days, Chaeyoung had been a persistent presence in her home, her visits growing increasingly intrusive with each passing hour.

Despite Mina's attempts to maintain a cordial demeanor, she could feel her frustration simmering just beneath the surface, threatening to boil over at any moment.

As Chaeyoung once again settled herself on the couch, Mina felt a surge of irritation rising within her.

She had hoped that her subtle hints and polite deflections would encourage Chaeyoung to give her some space, but it seemed that her message had fallen on deaf ears.

"Chaeyoung, I appreciate your concern" Mina began, her tone carefully measured yet tinged with unmistakable frustration. "But I need some time alone to sort things out."

Chaeyoung's expression faltered momentarily, a flicker of hurt crossing her features before she quickly masked it with a forced smile.

"I just want to be here for you, Mina" she protested, her voice tinged with disappointment.

Mina sighed inwardly, feeling the weight of Chaeyoung's expectations pressing down on her.

She understood that Chaeyoung was only trying to be supportive, but her constant presence had become suffocating, leaving Mina with little room to breathe and process her thoughts.

"I know, and I appreciate that" Mina replied, her tone softening slightly as she attempted to placate Chaeyoung's hurt feelings. "But I need some time alone to clear my head and figure things out."

With gentle yet firm resolve, Mina ushered Chaeyoung toward the door, her actions speaking volumes despite the absence of harsh words.

It was time to set boundaries and reclaim her space, no matter how uncomfortable it might be.

Time skip
Night time

Mina's patience wore thin as she watched Y/n slump onto the couch, her frustration boiling over into a torrent of harsh words.

"Where the hell have you been?" Mina's voice sliced through the air like a knife, her tone sharp and unforgiving.

Y/n flinched at the harshness in Mina's voice, her exhaustion momentarily forgotten as she recoiled from the onslaught of anger.

"I-I..." she stammered, struggling to find the words to defend herself.

"Don't even bother" Mina interrupted, her eyes flashing with barely-contained rage. "I'm tired of your excuses, Y/n. You can't just waltz in here whenever you feel like it and expect everything to be okay."

Guilt washed over Y/n in a suffocating wave as she hung her head, unable to meet Mina's accusing gaze.

She knew she had been neglectful in keeping Mina informed of her whereabouts, but the raw intensity of Mina's anger caught her off guard.

"I'm sorry" Y/n whispered, her voice barely audible above the storm of Mina's anger. "I didn't mean to upset you."