Chapter 10: Ratchet's discovery and Megatron's preparation

Ratchet called Optimus to base and said that he had something important to tell him. This confuses and concerns the Autobot leader. Ratchet has never sounded that worried in his entire life or ever since he has known the medic.

He came inside the base as he saw Ratchet by the table with a database in his hand as he was muttering to himself quietly. He looked around the room and was confused since Rafael and Miko were there with Bumblebee and Bulkhead but Emily, Jack and Arcee weren't around. Miko saw that and grinned cheekily.

"Emily's with Jack and Arcee, Optimus. Something about needing her help with something." Miko told him as he nodded before walking over to Ratchet.

"Ratchet?" Ratchet looked up and was glad Optimus arrived.

"Optimus, you would not believe what I found and discovered about Emily." Ratchet had worry and concern in his eyes as everyone paused on what they were doing as they watched what was going on.

"I insisted Emily so that I can give her a checkup. I did the usual and her reflexes are so strong too." Ratchet showed Optimus the record he got from Emily as Optimus looked at it.

"It almost hit me though." Bulkhead added with a nervous laugh.

Ratchet shook his head at Bulkhead but knew it was true. He then hesitantly showed Optimus the results of her blood test and watched as their leader's optics widened in shock. Ratchet watched him nervously as the others went to see what he was looking at.

"It appears that Emily has half of the energon flowing through her mixed with her human blood." Ratchet told them as the two humans and Autobots looked shocked and surprised.

Bumblebee made gestures and sounds to which Raf nodded in agreement and translated for them.

"Bumblebee is right. Humans and Energon don't go well together. But why isn't it affecting Emily?" Raf asks in confusion. They looked to Ratchet for answers as he sighed heavily.

"Emily Sparks is half Cybertronian, was gifted with a small portion of the Allspark in her and...the daughter of Alpha Trion." This gave Optimus, Bumblebee and Bulkhead the shock of their lifetime as they couldn't believe what they're hearing.

"You mean, Emily is the daughter of Alpha Trion?!" Bulkhead asked in shock. He has heard of Alpha Trion who died during the battle back on Cybertron but he never knew that he had a sparkling and a daughter at that.

Bumblebee was really surprised and shocked. The human that he viewed as a sister was the daughter of the greatest Cybertronian of all time?! No wonder he opened up to her quickly! They looked to their leader and friend as they saw the shock and confusion in his eyes. They knew that Optimus was a student towards Alpha Trion years ago but his mentor never told him that he had a daughter! Just...how? And what happened to make Alpha Trion send her only daughter away?

The only one who held the answer was Ratchet and he was going to give it. Ratchet saw that they wanted and needed answers before starting to tell them why Alpha Trion didn't tell anyone about Emily.

Somewhere in the sky, the Nemesis was doing something as they were making preparations on what their lord and leader needed.

Right now, Megatron was with Knockout, Breakdown, Starscream and Soundwave as the silent Decepticon was replaying what Laserbeak recorded earlier that day as they were watching the footage of when Emily was talking with Jack and Arcee.

"Okay, you two got me. I do love Optimus. But it won't ever work out between us."

"Why not?"

"He's an Autobot. A robot being I'm just a human. It will never work between us, Arcee, Jack. I just... don't know how to approach this..."

"Emily, if you do love Optimus, you shouldn't let the differences between you two keep you apart."

"Yeah. I mean, so what if you're human and he's a robot. If it's love or destiny, you shouldn't let something like this keep you two apart. And who knows, Optimus might feel the same for you after all."

"Okay. I trust your words."

The footage paused when Emily said those words as Megatron started to think of a plan.

"So, this child is in love with Optimus Prime?" Megatron looked at Soundwave who nodded. Megatron chuckled evilly at this.

"Good work, Soundwave. We'll be able to use this to our advantage when we capture her. We'll get our answers on how she's able to get that power." He motioned for Soundwave to rewind the footage to where she was helping Jack build his project.

"Knock Out, prepare the cortical psychic patch. Once we capture her, we will use it to see into her mind and find the answers we need. And not even Optimus Prime will see us coming." Knockout nodded as he and Breakdown left the room and left alone Soundwave with Starscream and Megatron.

"We wait for the right moment to strike. Then we shall see what our little guest has in store." He smiled evilly as the video paused on the face of Emily looking towards Laserbeak.

Emily was waiting for Jack, Miko and Raf to come out of school as she was talking to Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee. Arcee was told about the discovery that Ratchet found. The group made a promise to not reveal it to Emily yet until they were sure that she was ready to learn the truth.

Knock Out was parked a few feet from where the four were as he made sure they didn't see him. He was told to only watch and observe to see any opening where they can catch her off guard. The school bell rang and the students came out.

Knock Out quickly left to report back as the kids all went back to base. Jack, Miko and Raf told their guardians on how long till they can be allowed to tell Emily the truth about her origins. Arcee told them what Optimus told the Autobots that once the time is right, Emily will soon learn the truth.