prologue

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why my phone was suddenly not working properly.

"Work, you piece of shit. I just bought you."

I talked to myself, anger rising in me as the screen freezes. I hit the phone against the palm of my hand, hoping and praying that it'd work.

My eyes lit up, seeing my lockscreen show up. It finally worked. Quickly unlocking the device, I felt confused as I see a message from an unknown number. Thinking that it was a spam, I deliberately ignored it.

As soon as I put my phone in my pocket, it started vibrating like crazy, making me pull it out in surprise.

"What the..." My notifications blew up. Checking to see who it's from, I licked my lips, as I was only left confused. There weren't any notifications, not even a single one.

A new messaged popped up from my notification. It was from the unknown number that I ignored a while ago.

.

unknown
see, this is why you dont ignore my msgs.

.

Not knowing who the person was, my first instinct was of course, to ask them.

me
i'm sorry, who are you?

unknown
you dont need to know that

me
i'm blocking you.

unknown
dont.

me
i don't know you.

there's no reason for me not to block you.

unknown
i have a surprise,

look behind you.

.

I suddenly felt someone's eyes on me, making chills run down my back. I immediately turned around, feeling panicked. My mind was clouded with million of thoughts, making me unable to think properly.

I held on my bag tightly as my hands quickly raced to the certain can of pepper spray that was hidden in my bag. I never really knew this would come in handy these days.

.

unknown
just kidding

A sigh left my lips as the panic faded away and was replaced with anger. "The fuck is wrong with this dude? Does he not know not to joke about this stuff?"

me
stop dude

this aint funny

unknown
you don't find it funny?

tragic.

your reaction was priceless,,

you looked cute too

the way your pupils dilated,

how you immediately held onto a can of pepper spray.

.

"What the fuck..." My hands started to shake, absolutely terrified. I immediately looked around, trying to see if anyone was suspicious. None. Everyone was minding their own business.

.

unknown
oi

stop panicking

i wont hurt you

.

I didn't trust his words at all. I immediately went to his contact, my shaky fingers pressing the block button. I felt my heart beat faster as a warning appeared on my screen.

.

Action Failed
You may not block this number.
OK

.

"What?" I tried to block him over and over again, only for the same warning to appear everytime.

.

ouch
didnt think youd actually block me
OK

.

"How is this possible?" I repeatedly pressed against the block button again. It didn't work. I was doomed. I licked my lips, resorting to 911.

...

My heart dropped at the message I saw.

.

You may not dial this number at the moment.

.

unknown
stop trying to block me

im having a hard time cancelling the block requests

and did you just try to call 911 on me?

wow.

.

"Did he... Did he hack my phone?! I- Isn't that illegal?!" My last and final resort was the police station. I didn't even think twice and started looking for it.

.

me
im reporting you

.

Though, I wasn't able to exactly do that as I felt a strong arm wrap around mine, halting me to a stop. I felt my heart stop as I was brought into someone's arms.

"Were you seriously going to try and report me?"