Chapter 18

"Dear who are you?" The soft feminine voice had Ruhi jumping, she swirled around her eyes locking on two sadhavis.

The serene beauty that the two possessed had Ruhi forgetting everything for a moment. A feeling of familiarity, like she knew them washed over her making her feel like she was looking at someone close to her heart rather than a complete stranger.

It really was stupid, because never in her life had she ever seen the two women in her life.

Surely she would remember meeting someone so beautiful. She joined her hands as the two did the same, greeting her.

"Who are you dear and what are you doing here?" Rukmini wanted to pat her back, as her voice sounded more calm than she felt. She wanted to run and hug Ruhi but refrained herself, soon, she assured herself, soon she would be able to hug her, talk to her.

She had waited this long for Ruhi surely, a little more wait wouldn't hurt.

Ruhi felt at the loss of words, who was she? What she was doing here? The question brought back the memories of earlier happenings, making her heart squeeze sharply in her chest.

Who was she? It was such a basic question, but today she had no answer.

She no longer knew who she was, surely she knew her name and all but what was she without her love? Without Krishn who was she? Nothing.

He was all for her, her id, her very base of her essence, her soul, he was her everything.

Her heart stung, but it seemed she was not all for him. Did she even matter to him? Did she even count? Did he even love her?

A traitorous tear traced down her cheek, Radha's hand shot out catching the tear before it could fall.

"Nothing everything you see and hear is truth dear. Sometimes half truth is more dangerous than a complete lie." She whispered, her voice thick with emotions, her watery gaze settling on Ruhi, who gazed up at her confused.

"You don't know what has happened in my life." Ruhi whispered brokenly, her voice cracking as the agony of her separation from her husband chocking on her.

Radha and Rukmini smiled sadly, "Do you really know what is happening in your life dear?" Rukmini questioned, her voice cryptic as she gazed at Ruhi, who looked at her confused, "of course I do." She whispered, her voice wavering, betraying her.

No she really had no idea what was happening in her life anymore. Out of no where Krishn entered her life, stopping her from killing herself, married her.

And suddenly it was revealed to her that he was married before, that all that he shared with her was a lie.

Her heart refused to believe it while the reality was right there in front of her.

Emotions were at a war in her, wanting her to do things that she could never imagine. Who she was, from where she came there was nothing that she could really tell this women.

She no longer knew she herself was. There was so much confusion and turmoil around her.

Her heart squeezed, if her mother had been alive she would have run to her, cried in her lap, than again if her mother was alive, situation wouldn't have been what they were.

Her throat tightened, as her heart thundered in her chest. A soothing caress on her head had her snapping out of her chain of thoughts.

Radha's eyes met with Ruhi's teary gaze, her heart squeezed sharply seeing the pain and confusion in them.

She didn't deserve this pain, no she didn't deserve this suffering. From all that she had done for Krishn, Ruhi deserved only happiness alas when had fate had followed what they wanted.