Chapter 30

"Ruhi, where have you been?" Hearing the question from her mother's mouth had her brows shooting in her hairline.

Was she still dreaming? Or did she hear concern in her mother's voice?

The melodious male laughter had internally rolling her eyes.

"A girl need's privacy Kanha." She mentally chided, she could practically feel his smirk, "That's all nice. But where is the girl in question?" He teased, making her gasp in horror.

"You.." She began out loud, "Dear you are talking to yourself again?" The sweet  voice of her mother had her blinking at her the woman in front of her.

"Are you alright?" She asked again, making Ruhi look at her like she had grown an extra head. What happened in a span of a day, that her step mom became a sweet  mango from bitter gourd?

Like there is a change of heart, she understood that. But what her step mother was showing, was not only change of heart, but change of kidney, lungs and god knows what?

The roar of male laughter had her frowning,

"uh I was trying to recite Gayatri mantra." She tried to lie, and bit her lip, Gayatri mantra seriously?

Nothing better you could come up with Ruhi? She mentally chided herself.

"Which gayatri mantra begins from you?" Her mother snapped, before she forced a smile, the young girl looked at her, now officially creeped.

"Did you replace her brain with her kidney?" She mentally asked Krishn, who chuckled, "What logic Ruhi?" He teased, highly humoured by her question.

"Exactly the same logic in this change of her behaviour . It's like her brain that was full of garbage, is now replaced by kidney, so it can purify the blood there. . ." She replied to him mentally, her reasoning fading away as she realised just how stupid she sounded.

He laughed harder, doubling over, tears streaming down his eyes. Where did she get this logic? He often wondered.

"You are not being helpful at all!" She snapped at him, "huh?" Her mother looked at her with confusion, Ruhi bit her lip, as she realised that she must have said it out loud.

"What I meant was...uh nothing. Sorry what were you saying?" Ruhi forced a smile, while she gazed at her mother, who was busting with anger from within.

A knock had the two distracting, as they turned towards the door. "May I come in?" Ashwin's voice had Ruhi's eyes widening, what was he doing here?

Her mother instantly went on her knees, bowing to him, tugging sharply at Ruhi's hand making her ungracefully fall on her knees. 

She cried in pain, her knees slamming hard in the concrete. "Ruhi!" Ashwin exclaimed,  worry soaring in his words while he rushed beside her.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" He roared in anger at Rekha, while he wrapped his hand around the young girl's shoulder, making her sit back.

Trying to move away from him, but his hold was just too strong. "Are you okay, love?" He asked, his face a mask of worry while he cupped her cheek.

She gazed up at him confused. "Your heart is replaced by your kidney too?" She asked aloud, her eyes widening as she realised what she had said.

His face contorted in confusion,  "What...?" He asked, "I mean, Prince Ashwin what are you doing here?" She asked, fumbling at her words as her cheeks heated, embarrassment feeling her.

"Love, are you alright?" He asked, ignoring her question. "She is, but you won't be, if you don't stop touching her." Growled a possessive male voice, making Ruhi bite her lip.