Chapter 38

Krishn gazed over the sparkling water flowing freely, lost in his deep thoughts, his heart hurt.

Time was slipping through his fingers, and there was hardly anything he could do.

The most powerful of all, and in this one moment he felt the weakest, fate rendered him helpless everytime.

It felt unjust, yet he knew it was the path for the greater good.

For the betterment of others, one often needs to shatter in a hundred fine fragments to uphold the righteousness.

And if he backed out from his responsibilities, than who else would step up?

In order to light the world, the candle needs to melt, sacrifices, are need to be made.

But was he ready?

When life would ask him for the ultimate sacrifice would he be able to?

The mere thought of that ominous day of his life, scared him. It terrified him. As soundless as death, it moved towards him.

And he wanted to break, and run. But did he have the privilege?

The luxury to turn away from his responsibilities? The world relied on him, whether they hated or loved him, he had his duty towards each one.

And everyday he did it.

A lone tear traced down his cheek, his throat tightening. The agony in his heart, was burning him from within, nearly shattering him. 

It had been almost a week, since he their first kiss. And it had been the most beautiful days of his life.

Seven days of completeness.

Where for once there was no void, no shatteredness. There wasn't that nagging fear that where was she? What was she doing?

Was she alright?

There wasn't that pain, where he felt helpless when he couldn't help her.

Breathing through the soul wrenching agony, he blinked down.

Soft petal like fingers wrapped around his eyes, a soft giggle greeted him. And just like that, through the dark, deary thoughts pierced a ray of light.

Lighting his entire being, making his heart lit with joy.

"Kanha." Her playful voice, lit his heart. A genuine smile crawled up on his lips. "Kanha?" Her voice was tinged with concern, she pulled her hands back, gazing up at his concerned face.

"Why are you crying?" She asked, facing him, her hand cupping his cheek. He smiled reassuringly, his arms wrapped around her waist pulling her in his arms.

That feeling of completion washed over him, his heart flooding with the familiar warmth of love.

"I am not crying my love." He assured, the fingers of his one hand put a loose curl behind her ear, and that began running it through her hair in a soothing motion.

Her frowned deepened, not once believing his words. "You are hiding things from me now?" She asked, raising a brow, giving him one of her best stern looks.

He chuckled, his manly laughter rolling throughout the place, making her heart quiver with familiarpleasure.

"Oh love, that look wouldn't even scarethe kittens." He teased, bopping her nose, a playful grin playing on his lips.

"And your act doesn't fool me. So, don't try to change the topic." She admonished lightly, his arms tightened around her, pulling her closer to him, his lips lowering to her ear.