Chapter 1

Ruhi blinked her eyes open as the warm rays of sun kissed her skin, wind fluttered the curtains. She yawned as she stretched her body and instantly regretted as her body screamed in pain. But somehow the pain was not as much as she had expected it to be. It was less like over the night her body had magically healed.

She moved out of her bed and towards the mirror in her room. The cut on her lips from where it was bleeding had healed completely leaving perfect lips.

Her body too had no major injuries just some bruises but how was that possible?  How can it just disappear? Had she finally lost her mind?

Kanha chuckled as he heard the thoughts of his loving girl, she was surprised. He may not be able to protect her because of the limits of his human body that he had to abide, but he surely could take away her pain, as long as he was there, he had promised himself to ease her suffering.

Ruhi shrugged her shoulders and moved to have a shower, after she finished showering and all her morning routines, she was ready to go down and have her breakfast.

Her punishment had finally ended and she moved down the staircase to eat something. Her stomach crunched at the thought of food, she really didn't know if she'll be able to keep the food down but she had to try.

Her hands sweated as she heard the chattering coming from the dining room, everyone was already there. She had been late, the make up she had done to cover up her bruises had taken some extra time. She patted herself on the back for successfully hiding the limp, her body was sore but just a few hours more and than she'll be all alone once again, it was the only thing that kept her going.

Just like she had expected no one noticed her once she entered the room, everyone was too busy with their phones. She quietly had her breakfast and watched as one after another everyone left. Some for work others for games or clubs.

"Be ready tonight we are going to Vishal's party."  Her father ordered and left without waiting for an answer. Her step mother, sister and brother soon followed him, leaving her all alone.

Tears blurred her eyes,  why did I  has to be so helpless?! Why couldn't I  be strong for once?! She thought to herself, tears tracing down her cheeks. She hated being the daughter of one of the most influential business man in India, it was not that she had never tried to escape her father or turn him to the government but all she ever got was pain and torture. With his money he could get away with anything, even abusing her.

Happy 18th birthday to me! She thought sarcastically. What should she do now? How should she get away from this marriage? She thought as she walked out of the back door, she walked down the familiar lane which she knew would end up in the forests.

She walked down the forest, her mind calming as she heard the sounds of forest. The leaves swayed with wind, her mind getting lost in the soothing songs sung by the birds. She sat under a tree, her eyes drooped and soon she lost herself in the dream world.

Ruhi's POV:

(Dream)

I walked around the garden, where I heard the sweet sound of a flute. I looked at the lehnga and jewellery I wore, I looked like a bride.