Chapter 29

Ashwin paced in his room, Ruhi's running away didn't really sit well with him.

Maybe it is time he should speak to his family, and get them to go to her place, and ask her hand in marriage.

He was sure that no one could say no to a prince, specifically him, the one who is so much loved by his people.

And it will be considered, an honour for Ruhi to marry him. Yes, this should be the right action.

Nodding at his decision, he moved out of his room, the guards bowing to him, as he walked ignoring everyone one of them.

"Father."

He called as he entered his father's room, Jarasandh gazed up from the scrolls in his hand, a grin appearing on his face.

"Come in son. What brings you here today?" He asked curious, folding the scrolls, keeping them aside.

Ashwin was his everything, there wasn't one thing, that he wouldn't do for his son.

Anything that Ashwin had ever asked, was laid on his feet, before he could even complete the sentence.

"I want something from you."

His son's voice held a different tone today, it was more serious and more insistent. 

He raised a brow gazing at his son, curious.

What was all this about? What had suddenly gotten into him?

"Yes dear. Tell me what is that you want?" He asked smiling curiously at his boy. "Not like this. You need to swear on me, that you will give it to me." Ashwin insisted, stepping up.

His face a mask of seriousness, while he gazed at his father. His eyes unwavering from where they held his sire's.

"What is it, dear son?" He asked curious, "No. First you need to promise me, that you will give it to me at every cost. No matter what happens, no matter who says what. You will fulfill my this wish." Stated the prince, his voice determined.

"How important is it to you?" Jarasandh asked, his voice calculating while he gazed at his son with a questioning look.

"More important than my life.  More important than the next breath that I breath in. Without having that thing, I can't survive. " he said fiercely gazing in the eyes of his father, so he knew that the words he spoke were true to every last word.

He wanted Ruhi.

At every cost.

No matter who he had to kill, who he had to leave, or anything that he had to do. Ruhi, over the years had become his obsession.

One that he could never dream about leaving.

A life without her would be not worth to live for. Jarasandh gazed at his son, assessing his behaviour,  whether what he said was the truth for him.

He sighed standing up, and moved towards his son. He folded his hands over his chest, while he gazed at his son, assessing him with his eyes.

"I promise. Now tell me, who is the girl?" He said with a straight face, before smiling.

Shock marred Ashwin's face, while he gazed at his father with wide eyes.

"How did you know. . ." his voice faded, Jarasandh chuckled, his eyes lit with amusement while he gazed at his son.

He put his hands on his son's shoulders, giving them a squeeze, a comforting smile appearing on his face.

"You are my son, Ashwin. My blood. I love you more than anyone on this planet. You think, I wouldn't know what you want? Until you don't tell me?" He asked, his eyes softening with love and adoration.