Chapter Nine

Maya's POV 

1 month later (Time Skip brought to you by Clint's arrows)

I woke up to screams of panic and when I opened my eyes, I saw them trying to hold down Christa. My body hurt but I moved over to my sister. She got one look at me and then passed out. She was always more broken than me. I wonder if they'll be able to fix her mind.

I shook away that thought as I felt my mates enter. I sat down next to Christa and took in some things. I had noticed the calendar said it was February 20th meaning we had been out for about one month. Our birthdays were coming up soon. "Hi little ma-" 

"Just tell me what happened. Don't beat around the bush," I said tears brimming my eyes as I stared at my sister's body. 

Bruce sighed and began, "You managed to survive some painful things Maya. You have been in a coma for the past month. Not once have you even twitched. Your sister, however, is a completely different story. She is in a coma like state but she gets up every few days and starts screaming for you and behaving like a rabid dog. It takes her a few minutes before she goes back to being peaceful. Her injuries were fatal, she's lucky to even be breathing much less screaming. Both of your wounds healed by the end of the second week here. We don't know why she won't wake up completely like you but we-"

"Her brain is fried."

"What?"

"That asshole fried my sister's brain so she is as crazy as Harley Quinn. She would not hesitate to kill her mates if it meant protecting me."

"That would explain why she gets up screaming your name. You said they fried her brain. Is there a possibility that we could help?"

"I really don't know. You could try but I have to stay with her cuz if I have a feeling the next time she wakes up, she won't go back to sleep unless she knows I'm with her." Bruce nodded and walked over. I just stared at her as she slept. 

There was still a chance I could loose her. I had to make sure that would not happen. I took my hands and placed them over her body. I was doing this for the best. If we stayed like this we would die sooner than later. My palms glowed as I whispered some words in Latin.

I had to do this so we could live with our mates happily. I felt it happening as I heard everyone in the room gasp. I knew when I did this Christa would unlock her full potential since I was the only thing anchoring it down. I felt our bond snap as she whimpered feeling it too. 

I had just broken the only thing that could potentially save us if Christa got out of hand. 

But more importantly, I  had just broken our link.

IS IT BAD THAT I WANT TO CRY. ANYWHO I MIGHT POST SOMETHING. NOT A CHAPTER BUT SOMETHING..