Chapter Twenty (Final Chapter)

Third Person POV

As SHIELD gets there, the heroes are sat inside the tower, absolutely drained. Logan and Thor are passed out on the floor. Loki is laying on the couch. Tony, Rhodes, and Natasha are at the bar drinking. Peter P. is sat with Stephan quietly talking. Raven, Jean, and Scott are all laying about the tower tired as hell, not caring where they laid as long as they weren't standing.

T'challa, Shuri, and Bruce went straight to bed. Steve, Bucky, and Sam went to the gym to work off some of the adrenaline. Carol, Vision, Wanda, and Scott Lang weren't that tired so they walked around together. Clint and Maya were up in the vents sleeping. Christa and Rogue remained on the roof, Tia in Rogue's arms as they slept.

Rogue shook Christa awake to inform her that she was going inside for some water and Christa stayed outside, on the roof, staring at the skyline. The sun was setting and the sky was an ombre of colors. It really was a beautiful sight to see. As Christa stared at the sky, she didn't notice someone sneaking up on her. The person held a knife and crept up on her quietly.

As Christa turned around, a knife was driven into her upper thigh and get instinct was to kill the person, which she did. The knife was driven into a major artery making her bleed heavily. She panicked as her breathing got shallow and only kept conscious long enough to see Rogue return to the roof and scream.

Gabriel POV

As soon as we heard that scream everyone rushed to the roof, and what we saw broke our hearts. There on the floor was Rogue holding a limp bleeding Christa her arms. Not too far away someone lay dead with a knife near them. Obviously they stabbed Christa and Christa killed them before she dropped. I looked at Bruce and he nodded and walked over to her.

He checked her pulse quickly, looked towards me and shook his head with a sympathetic look. I stood there in shock as all my mates surrounded me. My sister was dead.  The one person I could count on at all times was dead. She was dead.

Before I could acknowledge what I was doing, I fell to my knees and let out a loud scream of pain. Not physical pain, no, emotional pain. I had just lost my only living relative who had cared about me. All the emotion I had kept in was escaping and I didn't know what to do. My screams were accompanied by tears streaming down my face and a gold mist surrounded my body.

When I stopped screaming, I still cried hard

When I stopped screaming, I still cried hard. I felt someone embrace me and immediately put my head in the crook of their neck. Other arms surrounded me as my mates and I just embraced each other. My sobs were loud.

While Christa and I didn't get along all the time and we did have our fights and she did try to kill me, we were sisters and sisters stick together. All our memories together flashed behind my closed eyes and I cried.

That one time I fell flat on my face trying to perfect a kick and she just helped me up and told me to try again.

When I got a flesh wound and she was shot in her shoulder and side, but she still healed me before she healed herself worried that my wound would get infected.

When a bully pushed us down some stairs and she immediately used her body to protect mines and ended up in the hospital for a week.

Or that one time where we were on a mission and I made us fail but she took the blame so I wouldn't get punishment.

All those memories of us kept flashing and it just made me cry harder. But the memory that hit the most was when I got my soulmarks.

They all popped up and we realized we were soulsisters. The first thing she did was run up to me and hug me tightly whispering that she knew it and that she loved me and would always protect me. She was the first one to hug me on that day.

My sobs got harder as I remembered that day. All of a sudden there were gasps and shouts of no. We all looked and saw Christa's body turning to ash and flying away. "NOOOOO!!" I screamed watching her body turn disintegrate. We didn't even have a body to bury.

My tears wouldn't stop. Not even when my mates took me inside. Not when I was going to shower. Not when I ate. They just kept falling. I didn't know what to do. It just hurt.

I thought I had finally escaped hell, but I guess not.