Soulmate backstory.

When the Gods created Earth, they created man and woman. There was nothing such as soul mates. The number of people on the Earth had multiplied and they chose their partners, but the Gods noticed something, the 'partners' that the humans had chosen were most of the time causing pain to each other in the end. Abusive boyfriends/girlfriends, cheaters, and they were all hurting each other. The Gods felt sorry for the humans, so some of the Gods had decided to put a stop to the human's suffering, but other Gods had disagreed with what they had wanted to do.

A war was slowly brewing. The other Gods had wanted to have a matchmaker on Earth, watching over the humans and putting them together, but the few whom disagreed said that it was too dangerous to have someone so powerful on the Earth, as some of the humans would surely want their power. Although some agreed, they were too prideful and disagreed. All the Gods had chosen a side, all but one. This God had come up with a compromise.

He came up with the idea of soulmates and soul marks. Even though their egos were hurt, they agreed to this. A human would have a soul mark/soul marks based on their life and personality at the age of thirteen. They would leave the rest to faith. The first human, Miranda, to get a soul mark was about to be killed, the other humans thinking it an abomination, because of jealousy. As this human was about to be killed, one of the Gods had decided to intervene and had told the humans of their decision and at first, the humans were a little shocked, but quickly adapted to it.

Years passed and the Gods had seen how happy the humans were now, but the world was not without evil, but the gods decided to leave it alone because faith works in mysterious ways. the Gods would not admit it, but they were jealous of the newly founded happiness humans had gained. They had once again decided that they would allow every species soulmates/soul marks even themselves. They had not been lonely after that, they were happy with their soulmates and left it at that.

Then came the first human with multiple soulmates. This human's name was Elisabeth, she was the daughter of a well-known tailor and at first, the humans were very scornful, but after years passed it happened more and more. They again adapted, even the Gods were a little shocked at this but were happy nonetheless. The world record for most soulmates was held by Maria Chester with ten soulmates. The world was moving up and evolving, but with everything beautiful comes a price.

This is where one story ends and another starts.