Maya's Backstory

When she was born, the doctors were shocked to see her white hair. Maya was a beautiful person since she was born, but she did not feel that way. At the age of two, she started preschool and graduated only a year later. You see Maya was blessed with a high IQ so the books came easy to her. At the age of eight, she was already close to finishing up high school.

Her school life was like Hell. She went to a catholic School and was bullied severely there because the students were jealous of her and quite weirded out at the fact that a five-year-old was smarter than all the twelve-year-old kids and the teachers weren't of any help either. It only got worse as she went to high school. She had gotten into what was thought to be the top school in Tobago, but it was not, it was Hell. Students would physically hurt her and write on her desk and chair.

The teachers saw this, but did they care? Of course not. None of the teachers liked Maya, because they thought she was a 'know it all.' The first few times in primary school she had gone to her loving parents, but when they went to the school and talked to them, the school would never do anything to stop it. So she stopped, she stopped showing them pain, she stopped telling anyone, she stopped.

She had chosen to stay in high school an extra year because of one thing, her best friend, Christa. Christa was also bullied, but not to that extent. At first, Maya had told the girl to leave her alone, but the girl was persistent, to say the least. Christa was surrounded by fake friends, but she was too nice to do anything about it. Christa was also pretty smart. She was going to graduate with Maya that year. Christa was light-skinned with curly long hair, brown eyes, plump lips, and soft features.

Tia would tower over many people, after all, she was 5'8". They both suffered depression which was one of the reasons they had stuck together. They both graduated with full scholarships to any school they desired. They had chosen to take online classes to be able to work whenever.

Five years passed and life was great. Their shared birthday coming up and they were excited. Christa was now Maya's adopted sister, seeing as her parents abandoned her. Christa was turning fifteen, while Maya was turning thirteen. Christa had not found her soulmate yet and Maya was excited to get her soul marks.

When the day arrived the family was left shocked. Maya had over ten marks littering her skin, But the one that stuck out the most was the one in the middle of her back.

 Maya had over ten marks littering her skin, But the one that stuck out the most was the one in the middle of her back

Christa was the first to hug Gabriel. Both the girls were soul sisters, meaning they were always meant to be close. Another year passed and the hardest day of the girl's lives came. Their parents had passed due to a car accident. A car had collided with theirs killing their parents and leaving Christa crippled. Their grandparents were given custody of Gabriel and Christa came along. That was the day it all changed.

They were the last two off of the plane in New Yorke and boy was that their worst decision ever. as soon as they got off, they were both grabbed and knocked out. Hours later they woke up in a cell together. their torture started. They were tested on, beaten, raped, and then the cycle repeated. They did not feed them much, the only thing they got on a daily basis was water. The two of them were the only two alive in the base. The scientists were somehow able to give Tia her legs back.

Years passed and they learned of the group of superheroes known as the Avengers. They both scoffed anytime they heard of them. Some heroes they were.