Chapter 7

The night had set outside, and a starry sky bathed Seattle and a shinning moon set still in front of their window. Chris was still asleep while Ellie watched the night news just with a reading lamp on so the room wouldn't have extra light to disturb Chris. The TV was so low she could hear Chris's heavy breathing as he slept off his exhaustion. Every now and then she would look down at him and slid her fingers through his hair gently. Chris didn't even move and she was glad that he was resting a little bit. Maybe 45 minutes later after ordering dinner, the doorbell rang and Chris's body jerked a little for having been abruptly disturbed and he opened his eyes slowly and then frowned.

"Babe?" Ellie said softly still running her fingers through his hair. "Our dinner is here." She said as the doorbell rang a second time.

"Oh..." He complained a little and then sat, rubbing his face to shake the sleep away from him.

"Are you ok?" Ellie asked him as she put the cushion on her lap away and got up.

"I go there, babe." Chris told her with a deep sleepy voice.

"No." Ellie smiled down on him. "I go. I can walk to the door." She told him beginning to walk as the doorbell rang a third time.

"Oh... motherfucker... stop ringing." Chris complained wincing a little and Ellie giggled.

"We are taking a while to open the door." She said pressing the button to open the door to the building.

Then, she opened the door of the apartment and waited. Meanwhile, she saw Chris getting up and rubbing his eyes again.

"Are you ok?" She asked him.

"Yeah..." He smiled shyly at her. "I am just going to wash my face." Chris pecked her quickly as he passed by her.

"Good evening." She heard a voice and she looked at the door.

Ellie found a tall young man with a bag of the Chinese takeaway they had ordered. She could tell it was cold outside for the tip of his nose was cold red and so were his cheeks. His lips were a little purple and his glasses a bit blurred.

"This is your order: Meat with oysters sauce, spicy shrimp, two spring rolls and two doses of rice, right?" The boy asked, taking his glasses off his face.

"Yes, it is." She nodded and then she grabbed her wallet from her purse that was on the hanger. "How much do I owe you?"

"That will be twenty-two dollars." The boy responded.

Ellie grabbed thirty dollars and put it in his hand. "Keep the change." She smiled.

"Thank you so much." He told her with a genuine smile.

"Have a nice night." Ellie told the boy that was already going down the stairs and then she closed the door gently.

Chris, who was coming back from the bathroom, grabbed the bag from her hands.

"Go sit at the table." He told her and pecked her after.

"I can do this!" She protested holding onto his neck with a smile on her lips that made his heart flutter.

Chris smiled back at her and bent over her to place two quick kisses on her puffy cherry lips and then smiled down at her again. That adorable smirk that made her heart skip a bit since the first time she saw him.

"I know you can..." He pinched her nose lightly. "... I just don't want you to."

"But..." She was about to say something, but he began to walk away with the bag in his hands and then pointed bossily at the table. "Alright..." She rolled her eyes and started walking calmly to the dining table.