Chapter 38

Two weeks later

There she was again at the unknown placed that she was stuck in. Every time she got stuck in there. A Vacant place. Nothing was in there. Not even a way out. That time though, she saw a fuzzy image appearing in front of her eyes. A figure was walking in her direction but she couldn't figure out what it was. The place was too illuminated so she narrowed her eyes to cope with the intense light. Her head hurt so much all the time. As the figure approached it started looking less like just a shadow and more like a man. Ellie looked around trying to recognize the place where she was once again but there was nothing around her, just an intense light. She felt so lost.

"Chris?" She called, looking around. A sudden despair took care of her and she gasped for air. It had been so hard to breathe. "Chris?" She said again and span around in that vacant place. "Where am I?" She whispered. "Why am I here? I am stuck here..." She suddenly wanted to yell.

Ellie turned again and looked at the man that walked slowly towards her. That's when she noticed some familiar gestures. There was something familiar in that person. The quiet way of walking, the way the hair was flowing in the hair. His starry pants. Ellie smiled and tears came to her eyes.

"Andy?" She called and started walking in his direction. "Andy?" She yelled seeing his figure clearer. Her cousin stopped and he smiled at her. Ellie covered her mouth with her hands to prevent her from yelling out loud. "Andy..." She gasped. "Andy..."

"Hi, Ellie." He responded with his cheeky smile. "Hey, beautiful." Andy greeted her the way he always did.

"What are you doing here?" Ellie asked him, gazing at him for head to toe. It had been so long since she last had seen him.

"I came to ask you the same thing." Andy pointed at her. "What are you doing here?"

"You came to pick me up?" Ellie asked him, looking around her again. "Is this the other side?" She paused and looked around her again. "I'm stuck here... I don't know for how long but I am stuck here..."

"What the fuck are you doing here, Ellie?" Andy asked her, and she looked once more at him with a confused look.

"I guess I died." Ellie told him and shrugged "But I didn't want to..."

"I didn't come here to pick you up, moon..." Andy smiled at her. "... I came here to kick your ass out of here."

Moon... how she missed him calling her that. In fact, seeing Andy made her realize how much she was missing him in general. Ellie stretched her hand to caress his face. It seemed so unreal to be able to actually touch him. He hadn't changed. He still had his childish features. His cheeky smile.

"I miss you." She told him. "I miss you so much..."

"I am so sorry..." Andy said. "I didn't mean it."

"I know my sweet star." Ellie responded. "Chris was devastated. I hope you understand why he still hasn't visited you at the cemetery."

"He's my brother. I hear everything he tells me, Ellie. Everything..." Andy told her.

"Why can't I stay with you?" She then asked him. "I want to stay with someone I love."

"No..." Andy caressed Ellie's cheek. "... you can't stay with me." He told her while she was listening attentively. "What the hell are you even doing here? He needs you with him!"

"Chris..." Ellie whispered and looked around her again feeling despaired. "I left Chris..." She shook her head and she took both hands to it. "I left Chris alone... I am here alone..." She cried almost in panic. "I want him... I don't want to leave him... I need him..."