Chapter 24

December 24th, 1991

The night before, they forgot to close the blinders until the end, so the rays of light were piercing under it, illuminating the room with golden warm traces that undulating on the white canvas that were the walls. Ellie felt his arms wrap around her and his naked torso gluing to her back, warm and comfortable and soothing. Peaceful... Soon, she felt his soft lips kiss her small back, spreading tiny little pecks that made her shiver as he tickled her with the endings of his long hair. She smiled though and rested a hand on top of his that was resting on her belly. Immediately, their fingers curled and Chris raised his head to plant a kiss on her cheek and inhaled her sweet and subtle dreamscape scent. The power she had to make him travel to an alternative world has been his escape ever since he met her.

"Morning, babe." He said still in a raspy sleepy voice.

"Hum..." Ellie moaned instead and stretched her body while he still planted kisses on her cheek and giggled.

"Still sleepy?" He asked pulling her hair away from her face with his hand.

"Lazy..." She responded with the same sleepy tone and turning on her back to face him. "Morning, gorgeous." Ellie smiled, taking a hand to his face in a caress.

Chris leaned his head over hers and glued his lips on hers for a morning kiss, lingering for a few seconds ever so softly in one of those kisses where a million loving thoughts are condensed in that unique moment.

"Are we the only ones in bed?" He asked when he pulled away for some noise could be heard around the house.

Definitely, the distinctive noise of the pans in the kitchen downstairs could be heard and her mother's voice and her sister's too. They were probably preparing breakfast. A little further away, the noise of a machine cutting a lawn was also heard and Ellie's father was talking to their neighbor outside. Probably, right under the window of their bedroom, formerly Ellie's bedroom before she left the house.

"Probably." Ellie answered, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I don't want to leave though." She smiled and Chris kissed her lips again.

"No?" Chris smiled down at her looking in her gray eyes. She shook her head.

"I want to stay here with you..." She raised her head from her pillow and kissed him. "Like this..." She pecked him again.

When she pulled away, he turned his head and read the time. "It's 9.30..." He told her.

"Come here..." Ellie tugged a hand behind his neck and pulled him down on her.

"Oh..." Chris smiled at her with his irresistible smirk and pecked her lips after. "Is this what we are going to do? Uh?" He pecked her again. "Cuddle and making out..." He kissed her once more and Ellie started giggling much to his delight.

"Can you think of anything better than this?" She ran her fingers over his hair, pulling it back to have a full view of his perfect face. "We don't have anywhere else to go..." She sucked lightly on his lower lip and then let go to look in his eyes watching his reaction.

"Ellie..." He whispered knowing all that cuddling would soon derail into something a lot more intimate.

"What?" She asked innocently while her hand slid down his torso. "This is so perfect..." She kissed his lips one more time while her hand slid down to his stomach. Her fingers tracing meticulously each one of his abs.

That time the peck became a more intense kiss, with Chris tugging a hand behind her neck to prevent her from pulling away. After a few pecks, their lips glued to move in synchrony for a few seconds and just as Ellie's hands slid down to his crotch, he parted his lips and probed her lips with the tip of his tongue. When she wrapped her hand around his sex, she opened her mouth so he could dive in and he breathed into her mouth as her warm hand yanked little rips of pleasure from him. At the same time, the kiss became turbulent and lustful with their tongues blending in a love dance that they both knew so well. Seconds before breaking the kiss, Chris grabbed her hand and pulled it away from him. Their eyes opened, and she smiled at him but her gaze showed some confusion.