Chapter 51

Honolulu

February 1997

She entered the bedroom bare foot with her black locks swaying as she ran on the tip of her toes. She reached for the blinders first and pulled them up and then climbed of the bed.

"Daddy, play with me!" Heaven jumped on the bed. "Daddy, wake up!" Her high pitch made him cringe.

Chris shuddered from having his sleep disturbed so abruptly by his daughter and just rubbed his eyes trying to get some sense of reality.

"Daddy!" Heaven yelled, making him cringe a little more.

"Sweetheart..." His voice raspy from his sleep. Chris frowned as the sun pierced into the bedroom of the cabin they had rented and he tried to cover his eyes with a hand. "... it's too early..."

"It's already day, daddy!" Heaven pointed at the window and he ended up smiling while he raised his arms above his head to stretch a little.

"Where's my good morning kiss?" He asked her, opening his arms. Heaven giggled and lied down on top of him. "There you go..." He smiled while wrapping his arms around her and she yelled her childish giggles as he kissed her cheek time and time again.

"Stop!" She asked running out of breath as Chris started tickling her on her belly. "Daddy... no..." Heaven laughed and contorted. Her blue eyes shut and her curly dark hair partly covering her face. "Stop..."

"No... I don't..." He giggled while she laughed incredibly loud.

Then, tiny steps on the hallway were heard and soon entering the bedroom. Chris smiled, knowing his youngest was coming to join the party.

"She's coming." Heaven told him and he nodded.

"Dada..." Another voice whimpered loud by his side while Luna was trying to climb on the bed so she could play too.

"Oh... you too?" He turned on his side and stretched his arm to pull his two-year-old up while Heaven moshed on him completely ecstatic.

"Dada..." His youngest smiled, holding his face between her hands and pulling his cheeks.

"You girls want to kill me!" He laughed quietly. "It's 8.30..." He whispered as he glimpsed at the alarm clock. "Where's mommy?" Chris then asked.

"I think mommy is in the toilet." Heaven responded, shrugging at the same time. "I think she is sick..." She pouted.

"Mommy is not sick, sweetheart." Chris caressed her face as she showed signs of concern.

Heaven had no idea what was happening to her mother, all she knew was that Ellie had been feeling sick every morning.

"Then, why does she run to the toilets so many times?" Heaven rested on her knees wanting explanations.

"There's nothing to worry about, ok?" He smiled and ran his hand over her face. "You're still in your pajamas and you hair is a mess..." Chris laughed. "How about if we shower and get dressed?"

"Pee, dada..." Luna told him and he turned his head to look at his youngest, smiling at her.

"You have pee in your diaper, my little cub?" He asked her and Luna, who looked more like her mother with straight hair and gray eyes, nodded.

"So..." Chris sat on the bed and grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder, yanking squeals of his baby girl." Let's take care of that. And you..." He slapped Heaven's butt. "... to the tub so you can shower... come on..." He got up and held her hand.

"Why do you call us cub?" Heaven looked up at him, making him laugh with her question.

"Because you are mommy and daddy's children." He replied, stopping near the bathroom of the master room.