Chapter 20

Dear Alexander,

I know it's weird for me to be writing to you, considering the fact that you probably hate me along with Presley. But I just want to let you know, exactly how I ruined my life by cheating on her.

I remember the first time I saw her. I was having a bad day, not wanting anything to do with the world. I admit that I thought about suicide once or twice. Thats how bad fame had got to me. I carelessly looked through YouTube videos, coming across one of her videos. I watched as she strummed her guitar, humming along before she started singing. I remember exactly that she sang I Wouldn't Mind by He Is We. I've been obsessed over that song ever since. I watched a few more of her videos, already feeling in a better mood.

Every week I would wait for her updates, getting as excited as a child on Christmas when I watched a new video. I followed her on Twitter and Instagram, thinking 'What am I doing? I'm never going to meet her.' I hoped and prayed for a day that I got to see the blonde girl that saved my life.

When I saw that she was going on a summer trip with her friend, I jumped at the chance. We ended up meeting, she was forced to stay in a hotel room with One Direction, and eventually, she made me fall in love with her.

If you've kissed her, I hope you did it as stealthily as I did. I kissed her while we went to get her drunk friend. I pushed her into the pool, after her multiple pleas not to. When she was least expecting it, I kissed her. It was and still is the most perfect first kiss I've ever had with anyone.

I stalked her. I got her. I lost her. I don't want you to lose her like I did. I want you to treat her like she's the most perfect human being on this planet, because she is. I want you to treat her brother like your own, making him feel like he is amazing, because he is. I want you to accept her aunt Stevie for who she is, because I promise you she is something wonderful.

In that moment that I first saw Presley, I want you to feel exactly like I did. Like you could do anything. Like you're good enough. Each time I look at Presley, that's what I see.

Please, please, please don't break her. Love her. Make her feel wanted. Ask her about her day, what makes her happy and what frustrates her. Love her like I never could, and I promise she'll save your life, like she saved mine.

Sincerely, Harry Styles.

I choked back tears, handing the letter back to Alexander.He grabbed the letter, before reaching out to me. I shook my head. “I’m sorry, I just need to be alone for a little while.” I exited his apartment, entering mine. I rushed to my closet, searching for the familiar box. I shoved through the fallen clothes and shoes, finally grabbing the box and sitting against the door. I shuffled through the pictures, finally getting to the ones that I needed.