Chapter 19

"Warning," I said to Alexander. "My Aunt Stevie is crazy. My little brother will love you forever if you play one game of basketball with him, and my cousins might drool over you when they get here. Ready to go in?" I had my hand resting on the doorknob. He nodded and I pushed it open. "We're here!" I yelled, shutting the door behind Alexander and walking further into our house.

"Presley!" Judd yelled, running down the stairs to meet us. He wrapped his skinny arms around my waist, almost squeezing the life out of me. 

"Hey. bud." I said, setting my suitcase down and hugging him back. After he let go, I introduced him to Alexander. He didn't ask why it was Alexander here and not Harry, he just pulled Alexander outside to shoot hoops. I walked into the kitchen, the sweet smell of pie filling the air.

"You're cooking?" I said to an exhausted looking Stevie.

"Oh yeah I am. This turkey looks edible, doesn't it?" We both cocked our heads at it. 

"Yep, definitely." I said, giving her a hug. "Want help?"

"Sure, just wash your hands first." I turned on the sink and squirted soap into my hands. I watched as Judd kicked Alexander's butt at basketball, noticing how skinny he had gotten. "Does Judd look skinnier to you?" I asked Stevie.

She looked out the window. "No, he looks the same to me." I shrugged my shoulders and dried my hands. 

We finished cooking the turkey's and the pies before my cousins started showing up. I've always dreaded the holidays because of my cousins. We have the usual fourteen-year old girls that think they're the coolest human beings on the planet, we have the awkward cousin with glasses who doesn't know how to socialize, the loud aunts, and the video-game obsessed nine-year olds. I have no idea why they always come over here every year. It just makes the whole situation awkward for everybody.

"Hello, hello?" My aunt Jeanie said, poking her head into the kitchen. She had a baby on her hip and was trying not to get frustrated by it's crying. 

"Let me handle this," Stevie said to me. To Jeanie she said."It's so good to see you! How are you?" While Stevie pretended to be friends with Jeanie I willingly took the baby off her hip and went out back to find Alexander. I spotted him sitting on our futon couch, sitting by a drooling, fourteen-year old girl. 

"What's it like being famous?" The girl, Katie, asked him. 

"It's, uh, fun?" He said more as a question.

Katie started to ask another question, but I sat right in-between her and Alexander. "Katie, your mom wants you." I lied. She rolled he eyes before climbing off the couch. "Sorry about that." I said to Alexander. He stretched an arm across my shoulders, making me cringe.

"It's alright," He said. "I'm used to creepy fourteen-year old stalkers." I laughed at his response, balancing the baby on my knee. "What's her name?" He asked, motioning to the baby.