Chapter 33

I watched out the window as Harry helped Judd swing the bat. They had been outside for about an hour, and it looked like they were both enjoying it.

"How have you been, Presley?" My mom asked me from her place at the table. She had a cup of coffee in her hands and a book laid out in front of her. It was awkward when Judd and I first came down the stairs, after months of barely saying words to my parents. It's not that we were in an argument or anything, it's just that they hadn't and still weren't a big part of my life, and that's not right. They never attended any of my school events, due to their constant traveling and writing. Stevie was the one who was always there for me, and she still is.

I turned from the window to meet her gaze. "I've been well, how about you?" I asked.

"I've been better. Now that Judd is out of the hospital, I can worry less." She joked and I just smiled. "I heard you're going to be in a movie. When is that starting?" She asked. I knew she was just trying to make small talk, something I've never been good at.

"Yeah, it starts on the 23rd. I'm really excited." She smiled and opened her mouth to say something, just as my dad entered the kitchen.

"How are my girls?" He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head.

"Good." I said, and my mom smiled.

"Have you asked her yet?" My dad said to my mom, and she gave him a stern look.

"No, I haven't, but I was just about to when you walked in." I gave them both confused looks, wondering what they had to ask me.

"Well get on with it then!" My dad exclaimed. My mom rolled her eyes before clearing her throat.

"Presley, we've been working on a book, as you know." She started an I nodded. "Well we've finished it, an we'd like you to be the first one to read it, before it goes public." I was shocked. They've never let me be the first one to read their books, it was always Stevie or one of my grandparents.

They stared at me expectantly, and I shook myself out of my thought. "Uh, of course!" I said and they smiled. "I would love to!"

My mother reached into her bag sitting on the floor next to her and pulled out a book. She placed it in my hands, the smile never leaving her face. I ran my fingers along the gold letting reading "Somewhere Only We Know", both of their names printed I fancy lettering below the title.

I held the book under my arm as I exited the kitchen and gent pushed open the door to my room. I pulled back the covers and climbed in, still clutching the book. After I had pulled the covers over me and had gotten comfortable, I flipped open the book.

For Presley. The book was dedicated to me. I flipped to the first page and started reading.

"Lara Burke stared wide-eyed at her ceiling. No, there wasn't anything significant up there, nothing that should catch her eye at three in the morning, she simply couldn't sleep. She rolled over and checked her phone once more. Nothing. No text messages, no calls. Alone. Alone is what she was and always will be.