Chapter 28

I rolled over in my bed, falling onto the floor. That's strange, I thought in my sleepy daze, I never fall off of my bed. I struggled to open my eyes, seeing that, in fact, I wasn't even in my bed in the first place. Now I'm on the floor. I searched my mind, trying to figure out why I was on the couch. No wonder my body hurts so bad. The last thing I remember is falling asleep on Harry. . . Ah, that's why I was on the couch. I rose off the ground, my bare feet padding as I stepped into the kitchen. There was a note taped to the microwave with my name written in bold letters. Why would they tape it to the microwave? The fridge seems more reasonable.

Hello love!

Sorry we left without saying goodbye, we didn't want to wake you. We're going to be in LA for a while, so we'll definitely be hanging out again. (Maybe just me and you) Alana called your phone and I answered, she wants you to call her back. I'll probably be coming around later.

I love you, Harry xx

P.s. keep me posted on Judd!

I set the note down, still wondering why he taped it to the microwave. He was coming around tonight which means it will be a 'friendly gathering' that will probably end in a make-out session.

I padded back into the living room, in search of my phone. After locating it, I saw that I had 2 missed calls from Alana, 1 missed call from Stevie, and 2 text messages from Harry.

Preeeeeeesley! Wake up! The first one read.

We just got out of our work meeting that I didn't pay attention in at all. Can I come over tonight? Call me! The second.

I smiled at his messages and dialed Stevie's number, seeing that it could be most important.

"Hello?" She said down the line.

"Hey, did you call me?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that Judd is going in for surgery in a couple of days." She sounded worried.

"Is that good or bad?" I asked, chewing on my nail.

"Well, this could cure him. The tumor could be gone for good."

My eyes widened. This is it. He could be cured. "That's great!"

"Yeah, but if something goes wrong, it could be fatal." My heart dropped. Fatal?

"Oh my gosh."

"It's very unlikely for something to go wrong though, so you shouldn't worry. The doctors have this under control."

"Okay, keep me updated. Call me anytime." I said.

"Okay." She said and we both hung up. My hands were shaking. The thought of losing my only sibling was making goose-bumps crawl up my arms. Don't worry, I thought to myself, it's going to be okay. The sound of my phone ringing ripped me out of my thoughts.