Chapter 39

The ropes tied around my wrists tightened with every move that I made. I tried not to whimper in pain, fearing that my captors would hear me. I could hear the low rumble of their voices, making goosebumps crawl across my skin. I tried once more to free myself from the ropes, but had no such luck. My arms hurt from being tied behind me and all I wanted was to be free.

I could hear footsteps approaching, and tears filled my eyes. One of my captors entered the dark room and stared at me. "Are you ready to tell me where she is?" He asked, his low voice making me wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

"I already told you everything I know." I managed to croak out, my voice hoarse. He slammed his fists against the table, making me jump. He got closer to me and now the tears were spilling down my face.

"I know you know where she is, now tell me or I'm going to have to. . ." He trailed off. "I'm going to have to, um,"

"CUT!" Mr. Cook yelled and the lights came back on. "Alex, do you have any idea what you're supposed to say right there?" He asked my fellow actor.

"Uh, not entirely." Alex replied, running a hand through his hair.

"Alex, do you even know what this movie is about?" Mr. Cook asked him, exasperated.

"Sort of." Alex answered and I tried my best to hold in a giggle.

Mr. Cook sighed. "We've been working on this movie for three weeks now. How can you not know what it is about?" Alex stared at him instead of responding. Mr. Cook sighed again. "Presley, will you please give Alex a brief description of the movie?" He asked me and I nodded. "Okay, let's take five everybody!"

I stood up and pulled my arms free. "You really don't know what the movie is about?" I asked Alex.

"I haven't had time to read the description." He admitted.

"Okay, so, Amber, played by Olivia, is your girlfriend , and she's gone missing. You are trying to find her and you think I know where she is. My character, Heather, pretends like she doesn't know where she is when really, her crazy ex boyfriend kidnapped Amber and if Heather tells anybody, the he will kill both of them. But then you find her and find out his plan and you are able to stop him." I explained to him.

"What's Heather's ex boyfriend's motive? Like why the heck does he want my girlfriend?" He asked me.

I hesitated, not really knowing the answer to that. "I'm not sure, actually." I said and he frowned.

"I feel like this movie wasn't really thought out that much." He said under his breath and I laughed.

"Okay!" Mr. Cook called, sitting back down in his chair. I sat back down in my chair and someone came and tied the ropes again. "Okay Alex, your line is "Tell me, or I'm going to make you regret it." I'm not sure where you got the "going to have to" part. Now, action!"

Alex got really close again and said, "Tell me where she is or. . . Why can't I remember my line?!"