Chapter 4- Becoming closer...

~Skyla~ 

“Um…it’s a long story,” I mumbled looking down at my hands, finding them more interesting.

“I’m here to listen” Jeremy replied lifting my head up making me look into his eyes.

“Um…uh…it was two years ago. My mother and Brother were driving home from my brother’s football practise, when-when a car hit them. My…my brother he died in the crash, my mother she’s still in a…coma” Tears were swelling up in my eyes as I kept my gaze on Jeremy’s, he had already grabbed my hand wiping away my stray tears.

“Dad hasn’t talked to me ever since mum has been in a coma, my older sister…she moved away, everything was to much for her. I practically live by myself, dad never gets home till the next day or he stays at a hotel always drunk” By now tears were falling down my face as I sobbed into my hands, Jeremy pulled me into his chest stroking my hair.

“I’m so sorry Skyla…” Jeremy soothed as he rubbed my back up and down, when I couldn’t cry any longer I looked up at Jeremy. He gave me a sympathetic smile hugging me close to his chest; I straddled him getting comfier as I rested my head on his chest.

“I’m sorry for picking on you sky…I –it’s-

“It’s fine” I cut him off. “I guess you brought me out of my shell a bit…” I replied sheepishly, he smirked down at me making me scared…what the hell was he going to do?

“What are you doing?” I asked probably a horrid look on my face making him chuckle lightly, he picked me us as my legs were still wrapped around his waist. He carried me to the kitchen placing me gently on the counter, he went over my to my fridge looking in my freezer. He pulled out a tub of vanilla ice cream, he placed it next to me as he went in search for whose knows what?

“Um Jeremy, what are you looking for?” I asked questionably, he turned to look at me smiling but it turned awkward when he began scratching the back of his neck.

“Uh, I’m looking for some bowls, chocolate topping, whipped cream, sprinkles, banana’s and two spoons” He finished counting down his fingers, I hopped off the counter smiling as I easily found all the items glad I had picked them up at the store when I went. I placed them next to the ice cream; Jeremy came up beside me bumping my hip slightly as he began making us sundaes.

“Here we go” Jeremy said handing me a bowl with a banana split, he handed me a spoon as we headed back into the lounge room plopping onto the lounge. I turned on the T.V changing it to the movie channel, Bram stocker’s Dracula was on but it was the old version of the story I liked…the original.

I cuddled into Jeremy’s side instinctively as I ate my ice cream; I turned my head up at Jeremy catching all of his features. He looked down at me suddenly ice cream smudged his chin, I giggled as I leaned up to rest on my knees wiping away the ice-cream.

My fingers lingered against his chin as he brought his hand to cup the side of my face, I don’t know what came over me as I leaned in but I did notice Jeremy slightly doing the same. I felt his warm, soft lips press against mine. I unconsciously moved my lips against his own, as he rubbed his thumb against my cheek.

I pulled away breathless as I stared deeply into his eyes, his gorgeous eyes. He hand was still caressed against my cheek, he began tracing soft little circles along my cheek with his thumb making me lean into his warm touch.

I leaned back to snuggle in his chest as we finished watching the end of the movie, when the movie was finished I quickly grabbed our bowls rushing to the bathroom.