Chapter 12- strangers

Chapter 12-

~Skyla~

“He said he loved me?” I cried out in the empty space, my tears uncontrollable.

“Why?”

“Why would he do this to me?” I buried my head into my hands, my tears had not stopped I just kept crying. I heard my name being called behind me so I quickly got up and hid in the woods behind a huge tree, I rested my back against the woods before sliding my butt down till it reached the floor.

“Sky!”

“Sky! It’s me Jeremy”

“Sky I’m sorry! Please where are you?”

I stayed hidden behind the tree not daring to move, I know what I saw and he kissed her back! I’m not going to forgive him for this one so easily, he’s got a lot to do now to make up for it!

“Please Sky! It’s getting dark, please come out!” He pleaded creeping closer to the woods; I pushed my back further into the tree doing my best to be unseen. Jeremy sighed and I could picture him raking a hand through his hair as his footsteps retreated back away, I buried my head in my hands absentmindedly closing my eyes.

It wasn’t long till I drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I woke up it was pitch black, the only lights illuminating was from a bonfire just ahead. Well that’s what I thought it looked like, I awkwardly got up stretching my muscles before walking to the light source like a mosquito attracted to bright lights.

I heard the commotion of chatter getting louder and louder till I neared the bonfire. 4 guys and 2 girls sat around the fire, drinking and talking merrily without a care in the world.

“Looks like we have a stray” One of the guys spoke who had bleach blonde hair, a smirk etched on his face before he took a swing of his drink.

“Uh, yeah sorry I’ll just leave,” I said pivoting on my heel and starting to walk away when one of them spoke up.

“Nah it’s cool you can stay” A guy with brown shaggy hair and a lip piercing said motioning me back over.

“I don’t want to be intruding” I replied back wearily.

“Just sit you butt down girly” The guy with the bleach blonde hair said, patting to the empty spot on the log next to him. I uneasily walked over to where he was sitting, taking a seat down next to him.

“Wasn’t so hard was it girly?” The same guy smirked wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah…” I said dragging out the word and shrugging off his arm.

“Oh my name is Trent by the way” Bleach blonde-well now as Trent said. “That there is Lucas,” He said motioning over to the guy with the shaggy brown hair and lip piercing. “Carter” He said nodding in the direction of the guy who had dirty blond hair. “And that’s Xavier” He said motioning to the guy next to Carter. “And the girls Laura” He pointed to the girl with dark brown hair. “And Bethany” He said motioning to the girl with bright red hair.