❖Smile | Toge Inumaki

The breeze made your hair dance as soon as you began resting your arm and head in the table, near the opened window, heavily sighing that filled the entire room.

Your classmates immediately looked into each other's eyes, worrying about what your problem could be for you have always been the jolly girl and the life of the class. Without you being happy, it was as if the angel of death paid a visit.

Maki and Panda locked at each other's eyes, and without talking, they nod from agreeing of putting all the burden of solving the case to the one and only, Toge Inumaki as they stared at him while smiling creepily and pointing a thumbs up.

The boy could only argue, signaling a "Why me?!" while gesturing nervously to the two even though he knows the answer himself. Both groaned disappointedly, thinking that they should tell him the reason more clearly.

They pulled him and went beside his ears as they quietly shouted, "You're her Boyfriend!". Toge could only sigh, knowing that they wouldn't help him decipher you.

If you would be able to see them talking without voices, you would probably think it's a miracle that they could understand each other, but you were too focused in your little world while staring outside the sky.

Minutes later, you saw Toge sat beside you as he gave you your favorite chocolate, energy drink, and the bread you always eat together. You noticed him and swiftly moved your body to face him, wearing your fake happy smile, which made Toge pout.

He knew that you were only acting that you're just fine, especially when you don't show your teeth while smiling, so he was about to give you more food, but then your eyes began to water. It wasn't because you were hurt. It was more like you are touched and guilty.

He began to panic as he brought out his handkerchief to you and immediately wiped away your tears, in fear that Toge might do something he wasn't aware of making. But that just made you cry more with your guilt.

He immediately stood up and danced weirdly, trying to make you laugh while saying his limited vocabulary words of rice-balls fillings. He kept on thanking himself at the back of his mind that he pushed Maki and Panda away, or else it would be the most embarrassing day of his life.

You finally let out a laugh at what he did, which made him stop and smiled softly.

"Thank you."

You smiled as you knew what he was thinking. He wanted to make you smile and happy as you noticed how depressing the mood you are emitting that made you want to slap yourself for worrying them.

"I-I'm sorry, Toge, I guess I wasted your time. Don't worry. It's nothing."

Toge shook his head and pulled down the cover under his mouth and smiled softly. He pinched your cheeks and sighed and said, "Salmon!" and immediately signaled the words, "I-want-to-make-you-happy." which made you blush from his actions, especially when you heard his soft voice saying, "Always." while he looked closely in your eyes.

You became flustered from his sudden action. Looking at you like a prince charming was your weakest point of him, and when his puppy eyes were telling you he wanted to know why you were down made you more guilty and shy, but you wanted to be honest with your boyfriend.

"I-I did something that might get you angry."

You shyly told him as you looked down at the floor, but you already decided to say it, so it was no turning back.

"The cat in our house, she broke the colorful jar you worked hard as a gift!"

You suddenly burst out. Instead of telling what happened, it was as if you were complaining about it to Toge, which made him surprised and laughed at how you are reacting.

You were startled when he chuckled about it and reasoned that you should have placed the gift he made somewhere safer, and it was your fault that you were careless until you blame yourself for all the things that happened, but he cut you off by his 'special hug' you called that always made you calm and assured.

You blush again as you hugged him back, successfully receiving his silent message of "It's okay" to you. He looked at your face and gestured a smile at you, which you happily followed.

You clenched your hands with him as he stared at you and moved closer to your lips when you suddenly felt the presence of Maki and Panda that came back in the room. The two of you immediately created a distance from each other, which made Panda and Maki question why the two of you are red, and your hands are connected from each other, making the two thought you're weird from the position and are happy that Toge succeeded.