❖Chance |Kento Nanami

Work. The only thing you did after you graduated in college. After being abandoned by your own family, you strived to live alone to survive this grim reality. Even in your workplace, you were bullied and looked down upon by your coworkers.

Life was hard for you, living for what people wanted and living for not being yourself. It wasn't the first time that you considered writing a suicidal note even if no one will care for you. But you always believed that there might be a chance for you to be free from your miserable life.

You just got from your work and went to a small convenience store to buy loaf bread and an orange juice, but when you came to the counter, you remembered that you forgot your wallet, making the cashier yell and made a small scene that made everyone looked at you weirdly.

You tried to explain, but they didn't listen. Suddenly, all the shouting became quiet when you saw a man in a suit, paying the things you bought. He declared that he didn't want any big scene to happen and went out of the store.

You were very thankful as you ran out to follow him and offered him the drink, but he refused. You were a bit disappointed and was about to part ways by crossing the road when he suddenly pulled you. You were surprised, but you noticed that there was a broken pot below the floor that almost hit you.

You keep on bowing to him and thanking him from what he did, but the man just turned around and left. That was the first kindness you ever experienced and felt, especially that the man was a stranger. So you decided to go to the same convenience store and wait for him and give a thank you gift.

It was the night the next day, and he finally came. You ran to him and brought him a basket full of bread. You were very observant and noticed that he bought a lot of it last time.

He surprisingly accepted your gratitude because of your stubbornness and because he also doesn't need to waste his money, as both of you had a small chat. Suddenly, you heard an awful sound and looked behind the man in glasses, and saw behind him a deformed shape of an unknown.

Fear took over your body when that creature locked eyes with you. The man noticed how you were shaking and looked back undaunted. Instead, he was in deep thoughts about why you can see a curse.

The curse ran into your direction while he single-handedly exorcised the creature and pulled you to a corner.

"Who are you?" he asked you seriously as he observes every detail of you.

"I-My name is (Y/N)(L/N), an accountant. W-What was that?" you stated your name and occupation, and who can stop anyone asking from what that is.

"It's a dangerous curse. If you see it, you run and hide. If you don't, you die. " the man plainly explained, but that makes you more confused and afraid.

He explained that you didn't need to fear and worry and strictly follow his instructions. He sent you back home to make sure the area is safe in case other curse users may be lurking around.

"We'll see each other early in the morning."

"Huh? What do you mean?!"

"Congratulations, and I pity you. You're life just changed."

You were confused and wanted to ask more, but you seemed to be a bother to him when he wanted to go home and take a rest.

"Then, give me your name."

"I'm Kento Nanami. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Yes, I know. The upper part was kind of depressing and please, suicide is not an option. There will always be someone who will love you for who you are. You may not see them or feel them but they do love you, especially our Father in heaven. You are special and unique, you shouldn't let others define who you are. Be patient and kind, I know there will be a great blessing for you. I love you guys!