19 - Missed me?

1 day before the murder...
Becky
Things have been good since I got back, me and Colby are still yet to rekindle our relationship but it's been nice to see him building a relationship with his two daughters and it's been the best getting to know my son as if it's for the very first time.

"So what's it going to be today Seth? The park or the pool?"

"The pool! The pool!"

The new house we moved into is kitted out with so many things, I've got a baseball court, a play park, a trampoline, some water slides and of course the pool. It cost a pretty penny but it's worth it if I get to see my children happy.

"Head upstairs and get into your swimming trunks and I'll gather the rest of the family!"

"Can't it just be me and you, please?"

"Of course, I'll go get my swimming suit on then."

I walk up into my bedroom and feel an unfamiliar coldness hanging in the air it's almost evening but it's never cold especially during the summer, I try not to put too much thought into it and I just get dressed into my bathing suit.

"Momma!"

I heard Seth scream from his room, I quickly pulled the strap over my shoulder and ran into his room. I heard a familiar voice from inside his room and felt it suddenly becoming harder to breathe, how is she out of prison.

"Keep your mouth shut or I'll cut your voice box out!"

"That's enough."

I walked into the room and I saw her, she was practically salivating when she saw me.

"Ah look Momma is here!"

"This is between you and me Lily, let him go."

"Well I can't do that now can I? Or this little bastard will go and call daddy, oh wait I've already got people to grab him and your two precious little daughters. Didn't you think I would be back for revenge, us Ortons we never die. We could be dead at your feet but we'd still find a way back to you Rebecca! You ruined my life and you killed my brother!"

"I didn't kill him, he got himself killed. Now let my son go before I do something that we will both regret."

"Oh darling like you are going to do anything to me."

She laughed at me and I just smirked.

"We'll see."

I turned towards the door and I heard a hint of desperation in her voice as I began to walk away.

"Aren't you going to save your son?"

"Oh what do you think I'm doing?"

"You stop right there or you'll never see Seth again, he'll be just like your little Hope. Gone!"

She laughed in a way which didn't make me sad It just pissed me off.

"Say goodbye to Momma Sethy!"

I couldn't turn to look at him, I can't watch him think that I'm betraying him. I stopped in my tracks and reached under my bedside cabinet where I'd hid a gun.

"Ooh look Momma is coming back maybe she does really care!"

I clicked off the safety as I inched closer to her, she hadn't noticed the gun yet. It was only when I checked the ammo I saw her face change.

"You let go of my son or I won't hesitate to shoot you."

"But What happens if you accidentally hit him?!?"

"Don't make me do this Lily, just let my son go."

She had the biggest grin on her lips, it made me feel sick.

"Fine, I'll let him go but me and you...we need to have a chat woman to woman  don't you think..."

She released her grip on Seth and he ran to my feet. I whispered into his ear so quietly that only he would hear.

"Baby go into my room and don't come out okay?"

He didn't speak he just ran across into my room.

"Let's take this downstairs Lily...I only just got this carpet and it'll be an awful shame if we ruined it."

She just scoffed at me and walked out the door, making the effort to bang on my door where Seth is now hiding. I can feel my heart beating like crazy in my chest as I walk down the stairs and into my kitchen.

"Lily what do you want from me?"

"Revenge, you ruined my life."

"No, your brother ruined your life! You could've been good, you could've been apart of this family and still seen Luis! You could've had friends but now you have nobody Lily you don't even have him anymore. He did awful things why can't you see that?!?"

TW: Mentions Of Sexual assault

"He didn't do anything wrong!"

"So I raped myself then!"

She stopped pacing around my kitchen and stood still, she lifted her head slightly so that she made eye contact with me.

"My brother wasn't a bad guy, you were just a stupid bitch!"

"When will you see that Randy was the worst person out there. Do you know what he did the day he found out I lost the baby? Do you?!?"

"No..."

"He hurt me, he abused me. He made me bleed and he made me hurt, he showed no compassion, no sympathy he was cruel and he was cold. Just like you."

"No, he wasn't. No stop it, don't talk bad about him."

"He was! Open your eyes!"

Her eyes filled with anger, just like Randy's used to. She lifted what looked like a walkie talkie to her ear.

"Girls, light em up."

"No! Why do you keep doing this?"

Anger was now seething in my voice, I've reached my breaking point.

"What If i'd done this to your family! What if I'd attacked you and abused you for years, what if I was now standing here telling people to kill your family how would you feel?"

"Well I'll guess I'll never know, goodbye Becky."

I heard gunshots outside and I looked up and Lily who had a knife pointed at me, I raised the gun as the clock struck twelve. It's a new day but I have a feeling it won't be a good one. I placed my hand on the trigger, I closed my eyes. She's going to kill me if I don't kill her. I watched my front door open and Colby run in, I looked at him and mouthed 'I'm sorry' Then I pulled the trigger...