13 - Why does it have to be you?

Becky
"Sir nothing's working, we have to call it a day."

"Just one more shock."

"Charging to 150...clear...shocking."

"Nothing."

I can't move, I can't breathe. I want to scream at how wrong this all is but I can't, I can't do anything to stop this and it hurts so much. All I want is to hear a beep but nothing, just silence. She's too young to be taken from me and Colby, why has heaven got to take my angel back so soon.

"Can't you do anything!"

"I'm so sorry Mr and Mrs Lopez, there's nothing more we can do."

"Time of death 12:43PM."

"NO! NO please..."

I ran towards Hopes bed and laced her hand in mine, my baby is gone.

"Please..."

I looked around the room and saw pretty much every nurse or doctor involved was in bits, but I need some time with my daughter.

"Can you please give me some space."

My voice cracked when I spoke but I couldn't care less, I look back towards my daughter and move some hair out of her face.

"I'm so sorry Hope, I promised to be the best mummy in the world but I've failed you. I've done so many things wrong and I'm so sorry, me and your daddy tried we really did try. But things didn't work out and everything just went away. I lost every good thing in my life and that includes you, why out of everyone was it you? Honey I would do anything, absolutely anything just to get an extra five minutes with you. Just to hear your infectious giggle or to see your beautiful smile, I'm so sorry that I failed you. I tried to protect you from all the bad in the world but it just didn't work out. We're all going to miss you, I hope you know that. There isn't going to be a single second without you in my mind, I just wish you were still here. You will always be my little baby girl no matter where you are, I just need you to hear this. I love you so much, I love you baby. Sleep well..."

My tears are flooding out of my face like a river, I'm sobbing so hard is almost impossible to breathe. I can hear Colby's sobs filling the room, I can't take my eyes of my baby. I know it won't be long until they take her from me, I don't want that at all. Why couldn't everything just be okay?

Colby
I slowly walk up towards my daughter and kneel down alongside her, after all the awful things I've done why Hope?

"Little one I know I was never the favourite parent and I know I've made so many mistakes but I am just so so sorry that I wasn't here for you. You must hate me and you know what I deserve it, I hate myself for being the awful parent. I just wish I could go back in time and put everything right. Hope you were my little ray of sunshine, if I'd had a tough day at work or I was missing Becky you were always there offering to do the chores and cook tea, you'd always make me laugh like crazy top. I'm going to miss you so much, you are and always will be one of the most beautiful people inside and out that I've ever met. You will forever be in my heart princess and that's a pinky promise."

I put my head down on her bed and just held Hopes hand tightly, I heard a door open but I can't bear to look at whoever had just walked through it.

Becky
I look up and see Ashley and Joe with Seth, they both release straight away and I see their hearts drop. Seth looks so confused, Ashley looked towards me and I opened my arms, she let Seth run to me.

"Momma? When's Hope going to wake up, she pinky promised we'd play together!"

My heart shattered in my chest, I really want to scream and shout. He doesn't understand but it still hurts me far to much.

"Seth, Hopes not going to wake up."

"Wha?"

Colby looked up at me with concerned eyes.

"You see your sister wasn't very well, the doctors didn't know what was going on~"

I wiped away my tears and took a minute just to compose myself.

"Your sister she's gone..."

"Gone? Like forever?"

"Yeah baby."

"Wh~"

He voice started to quiver as he looked between me and Hope, I watched my baby's eyes fill with tears. My heart right now feels an indescribable pain, a pain that can only be felt when loosing a baby.

"Why?!? Hope...Hope was the best..."

"I really don't know baby..."

I pulled his head into my chest and just let him cry, hearing my son cry just broke my even more. I look up at Ashley and see how devastated she is...

"Momma I want her back..."

"I know, I'm pretty sure everyone does."

It is so hard trying to keep myself together when Seth's talking to me, I don't want him to see me at my worst he doesn't deserve any more pain.

"Whyyyyyy..."

I just break at that, I let my tears flow out. Seth being the sweetheart he is, he started to wipe away my tears. I've lost my baby girl, I've actually lost her. Hope is gone...she's gone...

"Becky..."

I stand up from my chair and walk towards Ashley, I feel sick to my stomach. Seth is on my hip as I pull Ash into a hug.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this Becky, I'm so sorry that you've lost Hope."

"I'm sorry too."

"Becky~"

"Please Ash, I really don't have long until the doctors will be here to take Hope away. This is all the time I have left with her..."

"I'm so sorry..."

I somehow manage to carry myself and Seth back over to Hope, I slid down the chair and interlock our hands.

"There are so many words I still have to say, so many conversations we were still yet to have. I-I don't know what I'm going to do without you...baby please come back to me. Please..."

The doors swung open and I knew it was time.

"Please don't take my baby, not yet please."

"Ma'am I have to take her now."

"Please! Please! You don't understand, please don't take her away from me."

"Ma'am I'm~"

"I'm begging you...just five more minutes."

"Okay, five more minutes then she has to go down."

I nodded my head and diverted my attention back towards Hope.

"One thing you always were was loved, I hope you know that. No matter what was going on my life I was made you and Seth my top priority. I love you so much Hope, so so so much. Please baby...please just know that."

"Daddy will miss you, from the very first time I met you I was filled with hope, that's one of the main reasons we named you Hope. You filled everyone with hope you were the joy bringer and I'll miss that so much, I'll miss you so much. Daddy loves you, no matter what you get up to up there."

"Sir, Ma'am I really have to take her down now."

"Please just five more minutes."

"I can't I'm so sorry."

A/N: I'm crying, how about you guys?