23 - I know she'll be alright

Becky
I sit in a cold white padded room, it feels like I'm in jail...I don't know where I am or how I got here all I can hear is Randy's voice so it's hard to concentrate on anything else.

Colby
I sit down on the tiled floor and just stare at the empty room, I feel a lump in my throat as the previous events of the day replay in my mind. The look of hurt on her face as she got taken away, the look of pain which was directed straight at me. I feel sick, my eyes are red and puffy and I've only just managed to stop the tears. I can't help but feel like I've done something wrong even though I'm helping her, I just want things to be normal in or lives for longer than five minutes. I feel my phone start to buzz in my pocket so I pick it up, I notice its Roman who's calling so I answer.

"Yo Colby my man, how are you doing?"

"Not too great."

"Oh~whats happened?"

"Mate...please could you just come round."

I tried to stop my tears as I spoke.

"I'll come right round..."

He hung up the phone and I dropped it to the floor, Becky gone~I don't even know when she'll be okay to come home...I just want my loving and kind wife home, I want to be able to tell her how much I love her, I want to rebuild our marriage, I want things to be normal.

It's a little under twenty minutes until I hear a car pull up outside, I hear the car doors slam and I hear the knock at the door. I just about manage to pull myself over to the door to open it, I see Ashley and Joe standing on the other side with worried expressions spread clear as day on both of their faces.

"What's happened?"

Joe is first to speak and I don't know how to answer, I just look into his eyes and I feel like he can tell.

"Where's Becky?"

"That's the problem..."

"She hasn't left again, has she?"

I shook my head as my eyes filled with tears as I rewatched Becky getting taken away from me in my head.

"No, but I had to call the ambulance for her."

I step back slightly and Ashley and Joe step into my house.

"What do you mean you had to call an ambulance for her?"

"It was so scary mate, yesterday I noticed something was up but I didn't think anything of it but early this morning I heard Becky screaming about something. I came down stairs and she was screaming for someone to get out of her head, I didn't know what to do but I just walked up to her and held her close. After she woke up she started to clean the floor, I asked her why and she started to go on about how we killed Lily Orton. She told me Lily was dead on our floor, I didn't know what to do but I knew Becky needed help. After a while she turned to me and started calling me a monster, she started to get angry and I didn't know what to do. I called an ambulance and they took her, she...she looked so hurt when she realised what I'd done. I felt sick, I still do feel sick."

I looked up Joe and Ashley and they both looked as shocked as each other, Joe just pulled me into a hug and he let me cry on his shoulder.

Ashley
When Joe originally called Colby we'd planned to tell him our good news but now, I don't feel like we can. I just wish we were here to help him through that but he had to go through it alone.

"Where are the kids?"

"They're upstairs."

"I'll go sit with them, I'll let you two have a little chat man to man."

I smiled sympathetically and walked towards the stairs, I quickly ran up and called out for Seth. I heard a response from down the hall so I walked towards it, I pushed the door open and saw three very tearful children.

"Where's Momma?"

I look down at Seth who looks the most upset out of everyone, it's probably because he understands a little more compared to the girls.

"She's had to go away on a little holiday but she'll be back before you know it."

I feel bad for lying but I don't know what Colby wants or doesn't want the kids to know...

Joe
I sat silent on the couch, I don't know what to say. I don't know how comfort him, I don't want to say the wrong thing but I know I've got to say something.

"Where is she now?"

"In a mental health institution..."

"She's in the best place, they can help her there. She'll be okay."

"But I don't know if she will, I hate what he keeps doing to her. He's dead but he can still mess with her head...it makes me scared. I don't know if she'll ever be okay again."

"They're going to help her Colby, I can promise you that. Maybe they'll put her on something to help her, to stop the visions and the voices."

"You really think they'll be able to help her?"

"Yes, Colby and deep down so do you."

"She got worse in a matter of hours, she was fine in the afternoon but by the night she was seeing things...it must have been so scary for her, because she thought it was real..."

"Colby she will get through this, remember now who the woman we are talking about is. Rebecca Lopez, a survivor not a victim."

"But she is a victim mate~"

"Yeah and after this she'll be a survivor, you know it just as much as I do. You don't need to worry about her, she'll be fine. She always is..."

"Yeah I suppose, how can you be so positive."

"Because Becky is like my little sister, I know she'll be okay because I believe in her and I know if I give her time she'll bounce back..."

His eyes lit up for a second, I know he knows what I'm saying is true.

"Mate once she's out I believe you'll get the Happily ever after you deserve."