22 - Your fault

Colby
"Please get away from me, please."

Becky's voice is getting increasingly louder as she shouts at the empty living room, I walk into the kitchen and grab the walkie talkie off the floor.

"Seth are you awake?"

"Yeah it's hard not to be."

"Can you do me a massive favour?"

"Yeah."

"Take the girls to the back bedroom and play games with them or something. I don't want them to see or hear their mother this broken."

"Yeah I'll take them down."

I shut the walkie talkie off and walk back into the living room. I wish I could see things through Becky's eyes just for a moment.

Becky
I see Randy's smile as he walks up to me and stands inches away from my face.

"Please stop you don't have to do this..."

"Oh but I do, you made us all suffer Becky so know it's our turn to return the favour."

"How did I make you suffer, you made me suffer!"

"Now now Dear, you took away my man. You stole him, you made him leave."

I hear Pauline's sickly voice and it sends shivers down my spine.

"No you blackmailed him to stay, I made him see things clearly."

"You got me killed..."

I look up and see Krisi, I feel my heart practically stop.

"You left my son without a mother, you left me to die! Then you fed my son lies to where I had gone because you just couldn't take the guilt."

"That's not how it happened Krisi, I was just trying to protect him. I didn't want him to get hurt!"

"No, you just didn't want him to see you as the monster you really are."

"You abandoned me, you left me like I was nothing. Because that's what I am to you isn't it, nothing."

My eyes dart around the room until they fall on the little boy standing in the doorway, my son.

"It wasn't like that honey, I felt like I was losing my mind."

"Well maybe you should go away again, me and dad were fine without you!"

"No please don't say that Seth..."

"You ruined his life Becky, you've ruined all of our lives. You, all you."

My attention is diverted back to Randy Who now has a bullet hole between his eyes, I feel sick.

"You got me killed, you killed my sister, you let me kill Krisi, you stole Seth's childhood, you ruined your marriage, you got Camila arrested and you left Pauline hopeless...you did all of this Becky. You are a monster, you see it, I see it, fuck everyone in this room sees it."

"Please stop, I'm not a monster. Your just in my head, you aren't real. Your all long gone, you're just in my head."

"But we aren't just in your head though, we're all around you all the time."

Colby
I feel tears forming in my eyes and I listen to Becky sob talking to an empty room, I walk over to her and I place my hand on her shoulder. Her eyes fall in my and she starts to cry even more.

"Please stop it! Please stay away from me, I hate you. I HATE you!"

I walked away from her and I picked up the phone.

"Put that down Colby, you are the monster it's not me. It's you, stop trying to get in my head and think that I'm to blame when it's been you all along."

I feel my hands shake as I dial 911.

"I said put that down don't you listen to me!"

She started to walk towards me, so I started to walk away from her. I managed to get out into the conservatory.

"911 what's your emergency?"

Becky started to bang on the door of the room I'm currently in.

"I need an ambulance, it's my wife...she's seeing things and talking to empty rooms. Please..."

I could hear desperation in my own voice as I spoke to the responder.

"Has this ever happened before?"

"Yes, a few years ago. She's a sexual abuse victim and has been in some very traumatic events, I just want her to be okay."

"I'm not the monster, you are."

I could hear Becky start to break down outside the door and it just hurts knowing that I can't comfort her...

"Sir What is your wife's name?"

"Rebecca, Rebecca Lopez."

"And your address?"

"10 king street, Davenport, Iowa."

"Okay sir, we'll be right with you."

The responder hung up the phone, I feel so scared, Becky has always been okay but this time I just don't know. She's deteriorated so quickly, she went from doing okay to seriously In need of professional help in a matter of hours, that's so scary to think. But it's even scarier, she thinks she's killed Lily Orton even though Lily Orton has been dead for years. It's terrifying to think that Becky is seeing that woman lying dead in our living room kitchen, I don't know what to say or how to help her. I had no other choice but to call for help.

Seth
I can hear momma screaming that she's not the monster and I can feel myself starting to get upset, I'm scared, the girls are scared. I don't know what to do, I walk over to the window and look out of it. I just hope everything gets sorted because I'm scared and I don't want to be scared anymore.

Becky
"You've got everything in the world to feel guilty for, everything bad that has happened in your life has always some how been your fault, strange that."

"Please Randy, just stop."

I feel myself shaking, I walk back into the kitchen and I feel it becoming incredibly harder to breathe as I see the living room filled with people I know.

"You've hurt them all Becky..."

I hear sirens and see blue lights through the front windows and I instinctively go into panic mode. I start to push any furniture against the door, I'm not letting them arrest me for something I haven't done.

"Oh but you did do it though Becky. You killed her, now they're coming to get you."

I hear the door at the end of the hallway open and I watch as Colby walks out. The front door is being bashed against, they're trying to get me...

Colby
I notice she's barricaded the door, I feel an uneasy feeling in my stomach as I look her up and down. I can hear them trying to break down the door, it'll only be a matter of time. I hear the door open and I watch men in white jackets walk in, I see the hurt in Becky's face and I feel my heart break.

"Stop it, don't take me. Colby!"

I feel my tears start to flow down my face as I look at watch them take Becky out of the house.

"Stop it please!"

Is the last thing I hear from Becky.
A lady walks into my house and towards me.

"You spoke with my colleague earlier on the phone, I truly am sorry this is happening..."

"So what do we do from here?"

"We take Becky and monitor her, we'll give her some time alone. We'll just be looking after her in a safe environment so she doesn't hurt anyone or more importantly herself. With Becky's previous issues she will be a red patient, you will not be able to visit you until she's at a better state mentally."

I could feel my tears getting heavier...

"I know this must be really hard but it's the best thing we can do for Becky..."

"I know and that's why it hurts so badly..."