20 - In my head

Becky
I felt my blood run cold as I watched the bullet leave my gun, what have I done? I feel the air get knocked out of my lungs as the bullet pierces Lily's skin, I watch her fall to the ground clutching her chest and I do nothing. I look over towards Colby and see the horror in his face, I watch his skin turn white in fear.

"Becky...I'm sorry..."

My eyes fall in the direction of Lily as she speaks her final words, I feel sick. I slide down the cupboard and place my head in my hands, what have I done? I can't help but keep asking myself that same question over and over. I hear Colby start to dial a number so I stumble to my feet to try and stop him.

"Becky what are you doing?"

"We can't save her, I don't want to save her."

"If we don't you'll have her blood on your hands."

"It's better than having your blood on my hands, because that's what would happen if I let her live. She would kill every last one of you! She's only saying that's she's sorry now because it doesn't mean anything! Please Colby, don't do this. Don't call the cops, don't call anyone. We can sort this, go and get the kids, put then to bed then come help me clean all this up."

"I don't know if I can."

"Colby we don't have a choice..."

He walked out of the door he had ran through minutes previous, I feel my heart sink to the floor as I look over at the now dead Lily Orton, I can hear Randy's voice in my head now as I kneel down alongside lily. It's almost like he's in the room with me. Her blood quickly soaks into my skin making me start to feel lightheaded.

"Haven't you missed me inside your head, creeping into every thought that crosses your mind. It may have been a few years but I can tell from the way you reacted, you've not missed me. So after all these years the victim becomes the abuser, how does it feel to know you've just killed someone Becky. You know what if it was anyone else I would almost be proud, almost being the key word. You deserve hell for what you've just done, a life worse than one I could ever give you."

"Just get out of my head!"

I start to roll up the carpet as I hear Randy's voice once more.

"But that's just not it, I'm not just in your head. I'm all around you, I'm a part of the very fabric you are made of. I'll always be with you no matter where you go, or what you do. You're mine and you always have been, I have total control. Becky all it took was a few little words to get you on edge on struggling to breathe."

I try to ignore his voice but it just gets louder as I start to roll up the carpet Lily's dead body is lying on.

"You can't hide from me, you can't run from me and you damn sure can't ignore me."

I feel a cold chill run down my spine as if someone had just entered the room, I look around but see nothing other than a few shadows.

"Please...just leave me alone."

"Why would I do that when we are having so much fun?"

"Randy stop it, get out of my head."

I pull myself off the floor and over to the sink. I hear a sigh come from across the room and I feel my heart start to race.

"Becky..."

I hear Colby's shakey voice and I feel my nerves slightly calm.

"Yeah?"

"What are we going to do?!?"

"What do you mean?"

Stupid answer, I know what he means but I can't think straight. I can barely even hear what he's saying because of everything Randy's saying in my head.

"We've just killed someone!"

"Lily had it coming, all we need to do now is act normal and keep ourselves together. I'm not going to jail not again and neither are you, that bitch can rot in hell! The children won't know and I can hide the body."

I was standing at the sink desperately trying to wash the blood off my skin. My head is throbbing, I don't even know what words are coming out of my mouth. I just want this all to stop, I want time to stop.

"Becky! Are you out of your mind?"

"Maybe! But we have to do this, neither of us have a choice!"

"We could turn ourselves in, Becky please!"

"We've already talked about this we are not about to leave our children without parents, I can't do that to them..."

"But we can't just get away with this."

I stopped the water and turned to Colby.

"We don't have a choice Colby so you either man up or you'll get both of us killed!"

I started to take off my bloody clothes, Colby just stood raking his hand through his hair.

"Just go in the shower you, the kids can't see us like this."

"Don't you need help with cleaning?"

"No, just shower. I'll deal with down here."

He started to walk away, I didn't hear him stop so I got on with cleaning.

"See Becky you are becoming the best killer, telling Colby to man up that means you must of learnt something from me while we were together."

I could hear his sarcastic voice all around me and I felt tears start to form in my eyes.

"Please...Randy I know I've done something wrong but please get out of my head."

"But~"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD."

Colby
I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and watched as Becky started to clean the already spotless floor, I can't see her face but I can hear her uneasy breathing from here. I hear her start to speak and I freeze, Randy? Randy's not here, so who is she talking to.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD."

I look over at her and see her starting to tug at her hair, while repeating asking who I assume is Randy to get out of her head. I turn on my heel and run to her, I wrap my arms around her shaking frame and hold her close.

"It's over now, I'm here."