Midnight confessions

Morgwen!!!!!

Trying out some new ships. I want to vary it more, instead of just Merthur all the time!

----

Everything was cold to the touch and drowned in shadows that seemed to detach from the darkness and lunge at me. Long spindle like fingers clawed at my dress, leaving it in tattered shreds. It felt like I was suffocating in the deathly silence that accompanied the pitch black. But silence was better than what came next.

Ear splitting screams. Familiar and terrifying.

Gwen.

I run to the sound but it echoed and distorted making it impossible to track. Its like whatever was out there was taunting me with the one thing that I truly care for.

Panic begins to take control and I fall to the ground, only there was no ground anymore. Just an endless black hole blasting Gwen's cries. Its more than I can bare. Covering my ears I join the cacophony of screams.

"Gwen!"

"My lady! Wake up please!" I jolt up with a start, my brow drenched in sweat. My heart felt ready to beat out of my chest and I just couldn't shake the feeling of terror that nightmare provoked.

"Morgana are you alright?"

"I- I'm fine." I stutter. Gwen pulled a disbelieving face and sat next to me. I subconsciously reached for her hand just to ensure this was real and not some trick of the mind.

"My lady you are not fine. I am sure even the lower town could hear your scream. Was it the same nightmare again?"

Yes. But not what she thinks. I have never told her the truth about the dreams.

"Yes it was."

"Third week in a row. Should I send for Gaius?"

"No no don't leave. Please, I don't want to be alone." I didn't mean to sound so desperate. Honestly she must think I am pathetic. It's just a dream after all, nothing to get this worked up over...

"If you're certain." Gwen sits back down, this time slightly closer. I rest my back against the headboard and close my eyes. Being in Gwen's presence is so calming, so peaceful. Whenever I am with her I feel...safe.

"What are you smiling about?" Gwen teases in a way that makes my cheeks glow red.

"N-nothing."

"Did you know you stutter when you lie." I push myself away from the headboard and shuffle closer to my handmaid.

"Oh really?" I challenge.

"Yeah. And you turn so red you could be mistaken for a tomato." She remarks with a giggle that makes my stomach flip.

"I do not." Gwen simply hands me a mirror from my bedside table. Low and behold I am truly the complexion of a tomato. "Ok maybe I do." I huff, dropping the mirror onto the sheets.

"It's cute." I don't know wether she meant to say that aloud or not. My mouth drops open and my eyes practically pop out of my head.

"You think?"

Gwen seems to catch up with her mouth and starts to stumble to her feet. She runs a hand through her beautiful flowing hair that curls perfectly past her shoulders. I am drawn to every twitch of her nose, quirk of her lips.

"I didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry m'lady I should go."

Before I have chance to reply she is out the door. Despite being in my nightdress I follow after her not caring who sees me. The only thing on my mind is Gwen Gwen Gwen.

She thinks I'm cute? Does that mean she feels the same as I? Or am I reading to much into a simple statement? But if she didn't mean it like that why run?

With the aid of my magic I easily catch up to her. I spin her round and tug her into an alcove hidden from the prying eyes of others.

"Morgana what are you-?"

I know I shouldn't but I couldn't hold back anymore. I leaned in close enough for my lips to brush hers, cupping her cheeks in my shaking hands.

"I think you're cute too."

"You do?" Gwen's voice was raised by an octave or two, making me chuckle.

"I do." She leans into my touch and I can't resist any longer. I claim her lips in a calm yet passionate kiss that draws a moan from the back of her throat. Our lips move as one as we fight for dominance. I pull her closer by the hips making her gasp, to which I thrust my tongue into her mouth gaining control almost instantly.

We continue this until neither one of us can breathe. We pull apart panting, completely besides ourselves with a mixture of pleasure and adrenaline.

"Shall we continue this back at my chambers. Don't want any of the Knights interrupting." I chide, playfully pinching her side. She slaps away my hand but maintains her fond smirk.

"Why of course my lady."

"You don't need to call me that anymore. I have a feeling we are past it."

"Oh shush and kiss me."

I liked writing this. My smol lesbian heart has so much love for these two it's unbelievable.