Friends with benefits

Modern AU, no magic

--

Merlin and Arthur's friendship was one many envied. They could be so free, so careless around eachother and face no judgement whatsoever.

It was no secret that the two share intimate feelings for eachother. But whenever someone questions them they just say "we don't want to ruin our friendship."

Lies.

Obviously no one believes that. If they dated they would never break up.

"Made for eachother" Leon says.

"Soulmates" Gwen agrees.

"Honestly they probably fuck anyway let's be real." Gwaine states, downing his fifth shot of vodka in the last five minutes.

"Would you guys shut up!" Merlin and Arthur shouts from the opposite side of the room. Honestly, the music may be loud but their friends weren't exactly being quite.

"We speak only the truth." Gwaine says gesturing to the pair who are sat basically on top of eachother.

"Why does your mind go to such places Gwiane" Arthur laughs, forcing the blush away from his cheeks.

Merlin, ever the sassy one, smirk and say, "Even if we did we wouldn't tell you."

That sparked a whole new argument which the two sat back and enjoyed. They loved teasing their ever so sensitive friends, a fun pass time in their eyes.

"Well it's getting late, Arthur and I better be heading home." Merlin said with his goofy smile. He took Arthur's hand, a normal display of 'friendship' between the two and headed outside to their car.

Once in the safety of the vehicle Arthur let out a sigh.

"Do you think they will ever realise that we are in fact dating?"

"Nope. They are to busy fantasizing to see what's right in front of them!" Merlin said, closing the gap between them and  kissed him lightly.

Gwaine is my spirit animal and needs protecting. Thank you for coming to my yes talk.