Fellas, I think I killed a god...?

No explanation...ehehehehe

I'm sorry in advance. There is a trigger warning for quite gruesome details of death, so be careful when reading xx

---

It always happens on hunting trips. Arthur and his Knights were jumped by a small band of mercenaries in the middle of the Forest of Essitir. Normally these battles end in triumph for the Camelotians. Not today.

"Well well well. I didn't realize we were in the presence of royalty." A bandit who appeared to be the leader sneered. The others cackled amoungst themselves.

Arthur couldn't find the strength to respond. He had been teathered to a tree like a dog, tight enough for the air to feel extremely thin but not enough to suffocate him. A huge gash was slashed through his cheek, dripping on to his stained armour. The tears streaming into the it certainly didn't help quench the pain.

Now I know what you may be thinking: where the hell is Merlin? I am afraid you might not like the answer.

"How droll we have made the little Prince cry. Did hurting your precious servant make you sad." The condescending tone infuriated the Knights, Gwaine especially. His notorious big mouth just couldn't bite back a response.

"You didn't just hurt him. You fucking killed him Gideon! He was just a boy." The knight screamed.

A bandit slapped Gwaine across the face making more tears prick behind his eyes. Arthur raised his head at the sound only to find himself face to face with terrors taken straight from his nightmares.

(TRIGGER WARNING LIKE IMMEDIATELY: gore, details of wounds and methods of torture)

Merlin's limp body had been tied to a tree opposite the Prince. Well what's left of it. The ties were so tight around his wrists and ankles they were practically severed. His face was unrecognisable; a mixture of burns, bruises and deep cuts covered his ivory skin. Blood matted his once fluffy ebony locks to his skull, highlighting the painfully obvious dent created by a bludgeon. Three lines were carved into the boys chest, most likely the mercenary's insignia.

If that wasn't enough there was still multiple arrows and a dagger resting in the body, dripping with glowing poison that slowly burned away the skin around the wounds. The sight made Arthur's stomach churn, bile crashing against his stomach in nauseating waves. The very ground seemed to ripple beneath him as he struggled to rip his eyes of the boy. His entire world had been stolen from him now his body is struggling to stay afloat.

"Look at him, completely broken. Some king he will make."

"Pathetic."

Begind his grief, an anger festered thriving off the raw emotions the crown prince contained. The more he stared the more tempting that anger became.

"If he isn't going to give us what we want perhaps we should start on one of his Knights."

That's all it took for all hell to break loose. In a moment of strength, Arthur broke the chains and launched himself at the leader. He threw sloppy punches, but still managed to knock him out cold. But before he could get to the Knights, four bandits jumped on him bringing him crashing down to the muddy earth.

Hope slipped through his hands like sand as a pair of freezing handcuffs were clamped around his wrists.

That's when a blinding gold light bathed the clearing in a thick, ethereal light. A mist gathered at their feet, curling up anything that moved like ivy. Shielded eyes frantically searched for an escape but a wall of black smoke had surrounded the clearing.

"What the hell is happening!" A younger bandit cried out, gripping his sword like a lifeline.

"You know, I have been tortured and killed by many people but that was a real dick move guys. Most people use pretty orthodox methods, of course you had to be different."

When I say every single bandit fainted I am not exaggerating. Well wouldn't you if someone you had spent three hours torturing - and eventually killed - spontaneously rises from the dead. Every wound glowed a deep gold making him look like a heavily tattooed angel.

"Merlin?" Leon whispered whilst holding up Gwaine who had passed out.

"Honestly guys you look like you have seen a ghost!"

---

Yeah I don't know where the hell this came from...but here it is. Hope you enjoyed?