Stupid Laws part three

Final part to Stupid Laws! Hope you enjoy

---

Arthur's POV:

The next day was blissful. I woke up in my loves arms feeling safe and accepted. Happy.

The day went smoothly. I announced the new laws to the people, who accepted them without protest.

I had no duties for the rest of the day, so I dedicated it to Merlin. We raided the kitchens and left with a basket full of food and a picnic blanket. We took two horses and headed out into the forest to find a small clearing.

After a while we came across a clearing with a small stream snaking through it. The bubbling of water and whisper of trees gave the opening a peaceful atmosphere.

The perfect picnic spot.

We tied the horses up and set down the blanket. I was the first to break the comfortable silence.

"We never really got chance to talk about your magic. I remember you saying you didn't choose this way of life, what did you mean by that?"

"Well, I am a warlock, born of magic. The druids call me Emrys, which translates to immortal. The prophecy states that if I ever failed my destiny I would be doomed to walk the earth for eternity until the chance came for me to fulfill it."

It took me a moment to process all this information. It's a lot to take it at once. Merlin has prophescies about him? By the sounds of it I was included as well. Were we always meant to cross paths?

"That sounds... stressful."

"You have no idea." Merlin laughs, taking a strawberry from the basket an popping it into his mouth.

We talk more about our destinies and his magic. We barely noticed the sun dipping behind the trees.

"We should probably go before they send a search party out for us." I say hoisting myself then Merlin up.

We make our way back to the city, slightly exhausted from our lack of sleep the night before. Once inside the citadel we hand over the horses and head back to my chambers.

Merlin had visited Gaius earlier that day and told him that he would be staying with me for a while.

We got ready for bed and instantly fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

---

Merlin and I have been courting for a year now. Well the public see it as ten months. We didn't announce it straight away out of fear of people's reactions. However the people were extremely accepting, much to our gratitude.

This year has been one of the happiest of my life. The love of my life makes each day worth it, even when the stress of being king gets overwhelming.

That's why I plan to share that duty. The blacksmith had crafted a beautiful golden band. It was engraved with tiny leaves, connected by intricate vine like strokes. I kept it on me at all times in a black velvet box, waiting for the right time to ask.

The Knights know of my plan, and did everything in their power to get me out of meetings early so I could meet up with Merlin. Most of their efforts were in vain, except for this particular day.

It was late and the meeting was still droning on. Gwaine had actually fallen asleep to the sound of Leon talking. After another ten minutes of speaking I pushed my chair back loudly and stood up.

"We aren't getting anywhere with this. We will continue tomorrow, meeting dismissed."

I scramble out the meeting hall before anyone can protest and head for the garden where I know Merlin will be. He loves being amongst nature.

It's not surprising when I find him holding a bunch of wildflowers. It looks like he is in the process of weaving them together to make a flower crown which is absolutely adorable.

I lean against a tree and watch Merlin's hand weave the steams together. I must have made a noise as Merlin looked up and met my gaze, smiling his bright goofy smile.

"Hi Arthur, is the meeting finished already."

"I ended it, couldn't take it any longer." I said truthfully sitting next to my love.

"Well at least I get to spend more time with you." He said whilst finishing of the flower crown. He took off my crown and replaced it with the flowers. He then rested the golden crown on his dark locks with a cheeky grin plastered to his face.

"I could get used to this." He quipped, pointing to the crown which suited him so well.

"You will." I say casually, standing up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Merlin laughed following my actions.

"It means that I love you and I want you to rule by my side. I never want to be parted from you, I could barely function those three months. So if you will have me, Merlin will you be my King?" I say getting down on one knee and presenting the black velvet box.

Merlin gasped at the ring looking completely shocked. That expression soon broke into a large grin that emitted pure joy. "Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!" Merlin cried jumping onto me.

I laughed as I hugged him, giving him small kisses between every word.

This is it. The moment I have dreamed of for years.

Merlin and I are getting married.

This is the end of this one shot. I didn't want to write the actual wedding, but you can use your imaginations to picture how hat would be like 😊

I hope you enjoyed this long ass series, because it was fun writing it 💕