obsessed

I turned my gaze away from the creepy man to the bow on the ground. The only proof that Amanda was actually here.
"That's enough, Lylath" the creepy man said.
Out came a cloaked figure from behind a tree.
"Yes sir" a soft voice replied.
With a wave of her hand the bow was gone and just like that my proof disappeared.
An illusion. It was all an illusion.
"Meet Lylath, my witch" the creepy man told me with the same sinister smile on his face.
"Quite talented isn't she?" He said smugly.
A witch. It really was just an illusion.

"You have 5 seconds to run before I tear you to pieces" we said.

The mans smile got even wider and the witch took a step in front of him, protecting him.
"5"
"Oh how fun!" The man said
"4"
"What is it you want me to do with her?" The witch asked.
"3"
"Keep her alive" he responded.
"2"
"And the male?" She asked.
"1"
"Kill him"

Deep within my soul I felt the last straw snap.
I gave in to the anger and grief. The only things controlling my body.

I couldn't tell you what happened after that, its all a dark blur. My soul, mind, and body gave into the darkest parts of me and the dark parts of me took them and ran with it. The only thing I can remember is waking up on my bed with one less finger than I left the house with.

But even as I lay here with only 9 fingers, it isn't the most painful thing, no.
The most painful thing is my aching heart. The ache won't go away. I just want it to go away.

I've failed. As an Alpha, friend, and mate.

My heart aches harder.

I let my father die, the one who took care of me and always protected me. I let him die. How could I call myself his daughter?

The ache is getting worse

I almost lost Rylie because of my ignorance, how could I call myself an Alpha?

The ache has become a pounding pain.

I'm only using Ace to my benefit when he only wants to make me happy. How can I call myself a mate?

The ache has become unbearable.

The beeping monitor next to me that has been slowly getting faster is now beeping at an alarmingly fast rate and I clutch my heart in pain because the ache is killing me.

Let it.
I tell myself.
Let it.
What good have I done for the world that I should be allowed to stay in it?

"She's having a heart attack, we need to perform an angioplasty right now there's no time!"
No, I want to say. Don't do it, I want to scream.

But just as I'm about to force those words out, the ache begins to lessen. Replacing it, is a soothing feeling, like I'm being caressed by a soft light that holds nothing but love and warmth.
A light into my darkness.

"I apologize Alpha Luther but you can't be in here while operate, I have to ask you to stand outsi-" "no wait, look!" Someone's says and it gets silent.

The machine has gone back to a normal rate and the pain went away.

"How?"
"Alpha Luther? Are you and Alpja Morgan's mates?" They ask.

"Yes"  the light answers.
A silence ensues the room.

"Then I think it's best you stay in here with the Alpha, you're the only thing stopping her from near death"
A soft growl echoes the room.

"I will stay right here then" the light says.

A few minutes later I hear the shuffling of feet as everyone but one person leaves.

A soft hand strokes my hair as I try to open my eyes but can't. I can't even speak. But I don't need to because my light speaks for me.

"I know we aren't where I thought we'd be now. You're closed off from me and that's okay, I'll take it. If you don't want to ever speak or look at me again, I'll take it, if you never want to touch me, I'll take it, but what I won't take, no what I can't take, is the thought of never seeing you again. The thought of never looking into those beautiful eyes, so please. Toss me aside all you want but don't ever leave this world, because I'd have to follow you right out of it."

ACE POV

As I sit by Alethas bed watching her breathe with the help of a machine, my heart aches.

For her, her pack, and her friends.

I toss a coin up and down as I watch her, hours go by and I don't move.

Suddenly I hear a small movement coming from the bed and I look to see Aletha awake.

A small silence fills the room as we stare into each other's eyes.

She tries to speak but the roughness of her voice doesn't allow her to.
I quickly get up and pour her a glass of water.

She avoids eye contact as she drinks it.

A couple minutes later she's able to speak.

"Ace". She says.
I could only look into her eyes dreading the question about to be asked.

"What happened?"

I put my head down thinking to myself where do I start.

"Aletha?"

"Yes?"

"..."

"What is it?"

"Are you a descendant of the moon goddess?"