Give it a go

Aletha POV
If anyone knew what I was doing right now, I'd never hear the end of it.
After very careful consideration and a bit of vodka, my feet are walking me to my car, where it'll take me to a cafe. Where Ace is.

A day after our chat, he called me and gave me his very crappy plan on how we could be mates and still be responsible for our packs. His exact words were "go with the flow" to which I responded by hanging up.
But my mind being the restless creature that it is, decided to convince me on its very own.
To be mates with Ace would be hard, but the benefits would be worth it. He has resources, an army, and most likely weapons I've never heard of. I mean it's Russia for god sakes.
A small part of me resents myself for giving in so easily just for the benefits.
The other part of me, the cold bitch part, is perfectly ok with it.
I am doing what I have to do for my pack. That's it. This is just another alliance. Another business deal. Another regular day.
But if that's true then why are there butterflies swarming in my stomach at the thought of seeing Ace. The thought of his muscular hands running their fingers through his hair. The way his tattoos give him an even more dangerous look, and the way his deep accented voice make me want to c- blah!
I shake my head free of the nasty nasty thoughts. Like I said, just another alliance.
I finally reach the cafe and get out my car. Taking a few deep breaths I put on a blank face and walk in.
I could smell the mix of wolves and humans in this cafe. The wolves bidding their head towards me discreetly but respectfully.
I could feel the tingles of the mate bond and the shivers wanting to make their way up my body, but I suppress them.
I find my way to where Ace is without ever looking him in the eyes.
Those dangerous brown beautiful orbs.
I take a seat across from him and finally decide to look at him.
"Ace" I greet him.
Those honey like eyes stare at me in amusement and what looks like a bit of lust.
I clear my throat, uncomfortable.
He gives me a smirk. The bastard knows what he's doing.
"Aletha, thank you for inviting me. You look  beautiful today. " he tells me. A sincere smile on his face.
The damn butterflies are back.
"Thank you" I say. Not sure what else to say.
We stay silent for a while looking into each other's eyes, but it's not awkward, no, it's a comfortable silence. A silence I could stay in forever.
Finally, he looks away and clears his throat.
"Is there a particular reason I'm here with you today?" He asks.
I lift an eyebrow at him.
"Why? Sick of me already?" I tease.
He gives me a smile. "I'd never get sick of staring at your gorgeous face" he shoots me a wink.
I roll my eyes. Clever.
"Ok" I say.
He quickly turns confused. "Ok?"
"Ok I'll try" I answer.
His eyes light up but then he gives me a look of doubt.
"Why?" He asks.
"Why not" I answer.
He thinks of something for a little then nods his head. Shooting me a smile he says "alright then. When are you moving to Russia?" He asks.

I almost choked on my own spit.

He gives out a booming laugh while I try to regain my breath.
"I'm joking of course" he says in between laughs.
Once I catch my breath all I could do is glare at the beautiful laughing man across from me.

And something happens. Something I
forbid myself from ever doing . Something that could be the beginning of my ending.

My heart skips a beat at the man across from me.

             ******************************

Ace POV
I knew that there was a hidden reason behind Alethas acceptance of my proposal.
She's not the type to resign so easily, but whatever it was that she wanted, she could have it. All she has to do is ask.
Luca and I are both very happy with today's events. We were on cloud 9. This was the beginning of a life we've always wanted.

Once I get back to the hotel, I call my beta.
"Beta Jackson speaking." He answers.
"I'm gonna stay for a few more days. Take care of the pack and don't burn anything down." I say and quickly hang up.
My wolf whined a little at the thought of being away from our pack for too long but it was something I needed to do. I was going to surprise Aletha and take her on a date.
I know she's been through a lot and I know she hides her emotions and I know she's scared.
When she got angry at me for calling her scared the other day, it proved to me she was.
She's prideful and use to having to take care of everyone but herself. I wanna show her that she can depend on me. That she doesn't have to be alone anymore.
I wanna show her I could be her mate.
I wanna show her how to love.

                     *****************

Sorry this was so short I'll release another chapter soon!