Second Chances

Edited

Zaine POV
We walked out the ballroom leaving everyone with their mouth wide open. Me and Nate dawg, my nickname for him,  guiding Alpha to our car.
Just as we were about to reach it we feel a powerful presence coming towards us.
Alphas shoulders tense and she doesn't turn around.
But I do.
Walking towards us was a very scary looking man that was covered in tattoos, accompanied by one dude who looked like Jesus and another that looked like The Rock but with hair.
I stay beside Alpha while Nate dawg steps in front of her in a protective stance.
When the scary looking dude reaches us he stares at Nate, hostility rolling off him in small waves.
Alpha notices this and her protective side seems to kick in as she turns around and squeezes Nate's arm telling him to step aside. He does so, but only after a second of hesitation.
Alpha holds her head up high and looks into the eye of the other Alpha.
"Is there something we can help you with, gentlemen?" Alpha asks and the scary dudes eyes narrow.
"I'm Alpha Ace Von Luther of the Crystal Blood pack. This is my beta, Jackson, and my friend Nikolai." He says pointing to Jesus and then The Rock.
Alpha nods her head in acknowledgment, they do the same.
"I'm Alpha Aletha Morgan's of the Bloodrose Shadow pack. This is my beta, Zaine, and my friend, Nathaniel." She says pointing to me then Nate dawg.
We nod our heads at each other in acknowledgment.

Awkward silence

Alpha Luther looks at Aletha as if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

"You feel it" He states.

Alphas breath hitched and after a few seconds she nods.
Feel what?
"It's not possible" he says.
Again Alpha only nods.
"So why in the hell is this happening?" he growls. I have to hold back a snarl at the man who dare growl at my Alpha, who gives back a growl of her own. Her wolf showing through her eyes, telling him to watch his tone.
He runs a hand through his hair, seemingly frustrated.
What in the hell was going on? I look towards Alpha. Then towards my watch.
12:36 pm.
Alpha had some meeting at 2 so we needed to leave now if she wanted to make it in time.

Alpha, you have a meeting with the Dark Moon pack at 2.

She looks to me and nods.
"Alpha Luther, excuse my language, but I don't know what in the hell is going on, either. All I know is this should be impossible. I don't understand it. My wolf disagrees strongly with me and I've never doubted her. I would like nothing more than to try and figure this out but I must get back to my pack. Please set up a meeting if you'd like. My beta will give you our information. Goodbye gentlemen, have a safe trip back home." She says. Nate dawg being the sly dog that he is, holds his arm out and she entwines hers with his. He leads her to the other side of the car, opening the door for her. Once she gets in he closes it and gives a curt nod to Alpha Luther and company before getting in the drivers seat.

I pull out a notepad and write the information he would need to set up a meeting. When I go to give it to him he's no longer there. Instead I'm looking at Jesus. Or whatever his name was.
We stand there in awkward silence.

"So-"
"You c-"

We speak at the same time. Stopping to let the other go first. I just hand him the paper and he takes it, thanking me.
Leaving right after he does, I make my way towards the passenger seat. Buckling in my seat belt I notice that we haven't moved and the car was deadly silent.

I look up and see the Alpha and Nate dawg staring at me in amusement.
"What?" I ask, feeling insecure.
They both roll their eyes and Nate dawg starts up the car.

Yes I could be a little awkward but it wasn't particularly my fault. My wolf and I had no social skills what so ever.
Speak for yourself. My wolf, Brody, tells me.
Shush mutt.
He gives me a growl.
I chuckle out loud.