The Letter

Not edited

What have I done? Am I stupid or am I stupid? How could I just easily give in for some damn resources?
You did what you had to, for our pack
But was it really necessary? I mean we're pretty comfortable where we're at now. Sure it would be nice to have some extra manpower, but at what cost?
I'm so stupid.
I paced back and forth across my office, anxiety and regret coursing through my veins.
Goddess, I've only just agreed to this and it's already effecting me.
"It's ok, Aletha, just breathe and calm down, it's no biggie, you've been through worst" I tell myself, it calms me a little.
You won't have to see him for a couple more weeks, he's back in Russia and you're over here, take some time to relax.
I sit in my office chair and recline.
Deep breath in
Deep breath out
Deep breath in
Deep breath out
Deep breath in
Deep breath o- "Alpha"
I'm interrupted by a knock on my door and Zaine calling my name. I can never get peace.
"Come in" I yell.
He opens the door with a envelope in his hand and a look of worry on his face.
Avoiding eye contact, he looks everywhere but at me.
"What is it Zaine?"
He hands me the envelope, still avoiding eye contact.
I take it out his hands and open the envelope to read it.

Aletha Morgan's, you have questions, I hold the answers. If you want them you'll have to come to the address written below tomorrow night at 7, and don't forget to bring that pest of a mate with you. You'll receive nothing if you do not.

72837 greendoe drive, Austin, Texas.

Ps. If you decide not to come I'll make sure everyone knows about the night of 5/12/13
You wouldn't want that now would you?

"Shit" I said, after a couple moments of silence.
"Are you going to go?" Zaine asked.
Should I? I didn't have the slightest clue who was behind this letter or even what they were capable of.
But they have answers, answers I've been searching for. Answers that could be the key to what I've been waiting for, revenge.
"Yeah, I am"
He looks at me finally, and just nods his head.
"Ok"  the atmosphere was tense, this wasn't something to be taken likely, for all I know I could be walking into my death.
Just as I was about to say something Zaine cracks a big smile and looks at me evilly.
I raise my eyebrow at him wondering what was going on in that thick head of his.
"Nate Dawg, wont be happy about this" he sang.
"Shut up, and let me worry about that" I tell him, rolling my eyes.
He was right though, Nathan will be 100% against me going.

******************
"You're not going are you?" Nathan asks.
I had just finished letting him read the letter.
"Yeah, I am" I tell him.
We were sat in the living room alone. He had been helping Grace interrogate prisoners before I pulled him out to talk to him.
He shook his head. "It's too dangerous, you don't know what's gonna happen, and no offense to Alpha Luther, but I haven't seen the guy fight before."
I sighed.
"I have to go, Nate" I tell him, letting a little desperation go through.
I know it was weird of me to ask Nates permission, but he was like a brother to me and Alpha or not I wanted his approval. I wouldn't go if he'd be angry about it. I wouldn't do that to him.
"Fine then I'll go with you" he says stubbornly.
I sigh again.
"You can't, I'm not gonna risk it" I tell him.
"Oh but you can risk your own life?" He asks angrily.
"I'm more than capable of handling things, Nate. I'm very much sure that Ace is too" I tell him.
"Why is he even going? What's so special about him?" I quickly looked away from his eyes, he can tell when I lie, and I hated it.
"I don't know" I say.
He stared at me for a couple seconds before letting out a big sigh.
"Alright if you're so sure, but the second something happens I better get a mind link" he tells me.
"Of course, I'll even bring a messenger pigeon with me just in case I can't reach you in the mind link" I joked.
He smirked and rolled his eyes.
"Who do you think it is?" He asks, turning serious.
"I have no clue, but if what they say is true then I don't care who the hell they are, as long as I get answers" I tell him.
He nods his head, deep in thought.
"I'm gonna go back to my cabin, see you tomorrow" I tell him, he just nods absent minded, still deep in thought.
I walk to my cabin, in silence, anxiety coursing through my veins about tomorrow.
Oh crap, that reminds me I have to call Ace and tell him about this. I'd need him to fly in tomorrow.
Approaching my cabin, I see a figure standing at my door. Butterflies erupt in my stomach and the bond sizzles as I come closer.
The man army door turns around and we make eye contact.
"Ace?" I ask. What the hell was he doing here.
He walks closer to me "Aletha" he greets me.
"Uhh, what are you doing here?" I ask. I thought he was back in Russia but I guess not.
"I got something in the mail, and I wanted to share it with you" he tells me staring into my eyes. He held out a letter and I took it from him reading it, ignoring the heated stare I felt coming from him.
"It's like the one I got" I tell him. He looks at me confused. "You got one too?" He asks.
I pull the letter out my back pocket and give it to him. "Yes, I was actually about to call you and tell you about it" I tell him.
"Any clue who it could be?" I ask.
He shakes his head. "But I think it's worth going if they have answers we both need"
"They must be pretty damn nosy to have answers for both of us" I say.
"Or pretty damn smart and powerful, we'll have to be careful when we go tomorrow, we could be walking into a trap" he says. I nod my head agreeing with him.
We stand in silence a bit before his hand reaches out to touch my face.
Not use to human contact I step back before he can.
He lets his hand drop and sighs. Before I can say anything Riley steps out our cabin and stops when he sees us.
"Oh, uh hey" he says awkwardly.
I chuckle at his sheepish smile.
He scratches the back of his head "hey Ace"
Ace turns around and goes to do that bro handshake with him.
"Hey, Riley, hows training going?" He asks
"Good, in a few weeks I should be able to take Zaine, in a knife throwing competition. Maybe after that I could beat, Al" he says cockily.
I snort at that.
"Keep dreaming Ry, I might just hit your head hard enough to bring you back to reality" I tease. Ace chuckles at our banter and turns back to me.
"I've got to get back to my hotel, I don't want my stuff to go missing" he jokes.
He was staying in a hotel?
You know the Alpha and matey thing to do would be to invite him to stay over at one of our guest cabins Zelda suggests.
Yeah you're right.
"If you want you can stay with us, it's much more safer and I promise nothing would be stolen." I tell him, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.
He seems to think about it a bit before agreeing.
He says goodbye to Riley and I show him to a guest cabin 3 doors away from mine.
"This is it, if you need anything else just call my beta or me and we can get it for you" I tell him.
"Once I get my stuff from the hotel, I'll be back" he tells me.
I nod my head at him and watch him walk away.
That was awkward
You were awkward, you could've at least said bye or goodnight
He just kinda walked off I argued
I could feel Zelda roll her eyes.
I guess we could both use some work
Ya think?
Sighing, I walked back to my cabin to catch some sleep.
Something told me tomorrow would bring a whole lot of things to light.

Things that have been in the dark for way too long.

if this chapter get more than 5 votes I'll do a double update!!!

Please forgive me for not releasing this sooner, I literally have no excuse not to cause we're all quarantined. But do go check out my first chapter of my other book.
I do be writing other books when I'm not even finished with this one doe 😳😳
Next chapter of this book will be released sometime this week!!