xander vs ace

Xander POV

I think I've finally lost my mind.

Ever since I saw Aletha at the gala, an urge like I've never felt before has been nagging at me day after day.

I've had enough. Aldo's had enough. My beta, Albert, I think he's had enough as well.

"...xander?"

Interrupted from my brooding, I look over to Albert's exhausted eyes.
Yeah he's had enough.

"You know what man, just go over there. If she's not gonna take your calls then she'll have to face you in person." He says aggressively.

"I can't just show up unannounced. It would be completely unprofessional and will ruin any chance I might have with her. "

"I've got it covered."

I look up quickly at him.
"What do you mean you've got it covered?" I question.

He takes a seat across my desk. " well you heard her speech at the ball. She may have looked fierce and strong but anyone with eyes can tell she's desperate. Desperate for answers and even clues" he says with a glint in his eyes.

He better watch his tongue

I slightly jump at the sudden voice in my head. Its been weeks since aldo has said anything to me.

I turn my attention back to Albert.

"What do you got?"

"Something that can get you back in her good graces"

*******************************************************************

Aletha POV

Once everyone left the room grace threw me clothes  and I got dressed quickly in silence. A silence that caused tension in the room. I knew what she was thinking, I knew what they were all thinking.

They felt betrayed. Betrayed that I had held back such delicate information from them.

I should've known Nate would piece together what happened at the gala with Xander and my unknown past. He figured out who Xander was and kept it to himself.

We hurriedly left the room to catch up to the boys.

"I'm sorry" I blurted out to grace.

"I understand" just as I was about to tell her everything we heard a vicious roar ahead of us, one that both Zelda and I recognized as shivers ran down my body and they weren't the ones you get when scared.

About to go help him, I tried running to him but Grace held me back, confused I turned to her with a questioning look. She just pointed to the boys and said "watch" with an amused smile on her face.

I turned my attention back to Ace and was quickly entertained at the sight of everyone except nate trying to hold him back. A few words were said and he quickly calmed down, but not even a few seconds after Nate was also being held back as he tried to fight his way to the gate. I quickly turned to grace and with a roll of our eyes we made our way to the boys.

"You 2 done throwing tantrums?"

Ace and Nate hang their heads a bit lower in shame.

They are too cute for their own good sometimes.

"Lets go, feel free to stay back, this won't be pretty" I said as I lead the group towards the gate.

With a quick glance back I saw that no one had left and a bit of the tension from my shoulders lifted.