Sister

Edited

Ace POV
Aletha has plagued my mind for the past week like a beautiful darkness. Her beautiful face passing through my mind every hour and her tantalizing voice giving me a smile when I hear it in my head.
"What the fuck?!" I hear across the table. I turn my head to the man whom I was suppose to be making a business deal with. Suppose to.
"Sledite za svoim rtom" I spit at him. (Watch your tongue)
"You're in no way welcome to tell me to watch my tongue when you yourself, Mr.Luther, haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying." He argues back.
I stand to my full height and stalk over to him, grabbing him by his neck, I whisper into his ear,
"YA skazhu eto tol'ko odin raz ubiraysya I ne vozvrashchaysya!" (I will say this only once, get out and don't come back)
I drop him to the ground and watch as his people help him up and get him out. That guy was a douche bag, wife beating, money laundering coward. I'd see to it that he was dealt with.
I can't stand humans, always have a sort of "holier than thou" mindset no matter who it is. Greed and lust were all that they were made up of. The extinction of their kind would be a favor to this world.
I leave the room and wander through the halls, making my way to my library. Some peace would be amazing right now. Sitting in a meeting with an odorous man was not the highlight of my day.

"Alpha"

Fuck.

I turn towards my Beta ready to beat his ass for disturbing my peace, but when I see he looks as serious as ever I wait for him to speak instead.
"Uh" He says.
I raise an eyebrow at him in question.
"Sorry, Sorry, it might be nothing but I thought I should inform you that there was an attack at the Bloodrose Shadow pack. The Lun- Alpha Females been injured. Attacked by 4 mountain lions." He says.
My heart beat slows and a shiver runs through me. Attacked by 4 mountain lions. I had no doubt she handled them all but there must have been some serious damage to her as well. Mountain lions were below us but even a group of 4 could take down an Alpha. They were wild and survived purely on instinct. I needed to see her, to make sure she was ok.

I wasn't there to protect her, I failed again. Now I was going to have to make it up to her, whether she wanted me to or not.

mate! Luca growled.

"Get the plane ready, Jackson. We are going to America."

******

The trip to America was a short one, but it felt like forever for me. Luca has been growling and snarling, whimpering and whining, the entire time. His worry for our mate only adding onto mine.
When the plane touched down, I jumped out my seat and hurriedly grabbed all my stuff ready to get off.
Jackson had called a car for us, so as soon as we got off the plane, I was in the car, telling him to floor it.
Memories of my last mate plague my mind but I quickly shut them out. This was my new life now, not my old one. I have to protect it better, I wasn't going to let this one die on me either.

The ride only took a couple hours, we arrived earlier than I thought we would.
I see the gates of her territory and see a man, her Beta, waiting by it.
"I called ahead and let him know we were coming. I told him that we had information he needed. I didn't know what else to tell him" Jackson says. I nod my head at him, grateful he remembered to call ahead. I wouldn't want to start a war with Aletha just because I came into her pack uninvited. The car slows down into a stop as we reach the gates. The Beta comes up to my window, and I roll it down.
He bows his head. "Alpha Luther"
"My Beta already told you we have information I presume? Good. I would have called but it's not exactly something to be shared over the phone. Your Alpha will need to hear it too. Id like to speak with her as well." I tell him, trying to figure out the situation and how bad it was.
"Our Alpha will not be attending today's meeting. She's in the hospital. I will be there instead, anything you need her to know, you can tell me" He says in a no questions tone.
I just fake a smile and say "of course. I do hope she gets better"