Amanda pt.2

Aletha POV

As Ace began walking up the trail, I started to follow him, but a quick movement from the right caught my eye. I stopped my walking and turned to where the movement came from and in that moment my heart was ripped open.
There stood my dead childhood best friend, lookin as if she never aged.
With a big cheesy smile, she threw a peace sign at me before running off into the woods.
"Aletha?" I heard Ace ask.
"Amanda!" I yelled.
My body moved on it's own, leaving no time for my brain to come up with a reasonable explanation. Amanda was still alive, I didn't kill her. I'm not a monster.
I ran through the forest bobbing and weaving trees, jumping over the obstacles in my path.
I could hear her angelic laughter, loud as ever.
"We're bestfriends now, Aletha" her voice rang through the woods, like a siren calling out to a sailor. I couldn't help but chase her. My body was no longer my own, my mind had gone dark and my heart was now controlling my movements.
"Amanda!" I called out again, the pain in my voice clear.
I could hear another pair of feet behind me, running and matching my pace.
"These are awful" I heard our laughter echoing through the wind.
We had been so happy. We found solace in each other.
Up ahead, I could see a clearing and in the middle stood the ghost of my past.
"You found me!" She laughed. It was still the same as all those years ago. I missed it. I missed it so much.
"A-Amanda?" I asked. There was so much more I wanted to say but my brain was failing to get the words out my mouth.
"Why the sad face, silly, we're suppose to be having fun!" She said shaking her head playfully.
A lump formed in my throat, preventing me from saying anything.
I fell to my knees and tried to catch my breath. I can't believe this is happening, what the hell is going on.
"You miss me don't you?" She asked sadly. I looked up to see her giving me a sad smile.

I nodded my head slowly. "I do" I managed to croak out.
"So? Come on, let's go!" She said, happy again.
"We can play hide and seek and swing on the swings! It'll be like before!" She laughed as she stood closer to me and held her hand out.

Like before...

"9, 10. Ready or not here I come!" I heard a squeal from my left and looked to see some blonde hair poking out from a bush.
"I wonder where Mandy could be?" I said using the nickname I gave her. I heard a muffled laugh from the bush and walked around it, pretending to pass her up. Then when I got to the other side I screamed "BOO!"    and jumped in after her.
"Found you!" I yelled and we both began to make our way out the bushes.
Once we got up and dusted ourselves off we gave each other a look.
She had leaves and twigs in her hair which made her looks crazy, and after jumping in the bush with her I imagine I look the same. An awkward silence came over us as we stared at each other.
Then we both began to laugh and wheeze as we held our stomachs.
"You....look...c-crazy" she managed to say in between laughs.
"You...look....e-even....crazier!" I yelled during my laughing fit.
We both fell beside each other on the floor, in a snow angel position.
Our laughs dying down as we looked up at the darkening purple sky.
"Ive got to get home soon" she said sadly. I looked over to her as she stared at the sky. Only then did I see the dark spots around her neck.
"Mandy, what are those on your neck?" I asked.
I saw her tense up and she hurriedly sat up and covered them with her hair.
"Nothing" she said firmly.
I could tell she was getting upset so I left it alone.
"Ok" I said.
She sighed and layed back down next to me. A couple minutes later I felt her cold hand in mine.
I looked over to her and saw the tears in her eyes.
"I don't want to go home" she said quietly. I barely heard her.
"You can come to my house" I offered.
She gave my hand a squeeze and looked at me happily.
"Really?!" She asked.
I nodded my head.
She got up and I followed.
"Thank you, lee!" She hugged me and held my hand as she ran towards my house.
"So? Come on, let's go!"

It could never be like before.
"No" I said.
The happy angel quickly turned confused.
"No?" She asked softly taking her hand back.
I got off my knees and stood up.
"It could never be like before, Mandy" I told her, holding back the tears.
"Why not?" She asked sadly.
"Because you have to rest. You have to go. You don't belong in this cruel world anymore. You belong home, on the moon." I told her.
She quickly became angry.
"Cruel world? Cruel world?! Was it the world that was cruel to me or was it you?! Was it the world that killed me or was it you?!" She yelled backing away from me. Her body began to turn discolored. Her beautiful tan skin turning blue and pale. Her clothes becoming dripping wet along with her hair and her eyes.... her eyes were missing.
I stared into the empty sockets.
And they stared back.
"You like it?" She asked.
"The fish took them away" she said, her voice emotionless. 
Soon after she began to disappear. The only thing left of her, was the blue bow on the ground. The one I had gifted her for her 9th birthday.
The numbers 1.4.3 on it.
The code for "I love you"

"That was quite a show wasn't it?" A deep voice came from in front of us. A man came out from behind a tree with a sinister grin on his face.

"Hello my love, at last we meet again"

Can you guys leave some feed back on these past 2 chapters? I was going for a sad nostalgic kinda thing but tell me if you interpreted it differently I would really love to know!!

Haha, remember months ago when I said I'd dump a buttload of updates on you, well I'm working on it, but enjoy this for now. A new update coming sometime this week maybe even tomorrow!!!!!