The Gala pt 1

^^^What I imagine her dress to look like

The day of the gala arrived and my wolf was on edge.
Something big is coming, she tells me.
We could both feel it. Despite this I was ecstatic to go to the ball tonight. It would be the first of many steps on the road to revenge.

Once I wake up, I get ready and dressed for the day, in my training gear. I knock on Riley's door and tell him to be at the field in 25 minutes for training. I head towards the kitchen and begin to make us a quick breakfast. I scrambled some eggs and fried some potatoes. When they were done I set a plate for Riley and mad one for myself. 5 minutes later Riley comes out in his gear and ready to eat.
He gives me a small smile in appreciation and begins to eat.

Yesterday I told Riley of my past. I explained to him in detail about what I had been through. After I finished it, we sat in silence for a good 5 minutes before he got up and hugged me. I sat there shocked for a few seconds before I hugged him back. It was awkward to say the least, but at the same time comforting.

"Ale, do you think I could go with you to this ball thing?" Riley asks me on our way to the field. "Why would you wanna go?" I ask, curious as to what was on his mind. "I just want to see what it's like. I heard there's going to be a lot of Alphas and Luna's there." I nod my head at him confirming what he said. "What if-what if you see him there?" He asks quietly. That question makes me come to a halt. Then I start to walk again.
I thought about that question a lot. Xander was of course, an Alpha by now. Meaning that he was very much likely going to be there. If he saw me he'd probably not recognize me. I've grown a couple inches and have become a lot leaner. My hair, that was short when he last saw me, now went down below my waist, and the most obvious reason being that I was an Alpha now. There was still a chance he would recognize me but in all honesty, I couldn't care less. I was going for revenge, not to have petty squabbles with the people of my past.
"I will be fine if he is there, Ry. I won't let him effect me, there is only one thing on my mind for the ball tonight and I won't let anyone ruin it. Thank you for your concern but know that I have it handled." I tell him. I now knew the reason he wanted to go. Even though it was very brave, there was nothing a 14 year old kid like Riley could do against an Alpha. I would never put him in danger that way to begin with. I'd have to kill every Alpha there if they even thought about it.
He nods his head at me and starts his stretches as we arrive at the field with the rest of the warriors. In that crowd I see Ethan, Nate, and of course Grace. Ethan sparring with 2 guys bigger than he was, and Nate throwing knives at a target. Grace, being the warrior trainer, was doing her job. A smirk on her face as she worked the warriors diligently. Once she saw me, she bowed her head, the rest of the warriors on the field doing the same, stopping what they were doing.
I nod my head in acknowledgment. "Great job. As you were" I turn back and start to stretch feeling a presence trying to sneak up from behind me. I knew exactly who it was, when I turned around quicker than their mind could process and flipped them on their back.
Ethan smiles up at me as I hold his arm in such a way that if I twisted it even a little it would break.
"Usually I'm a top, but I'll have to make an exception for you, Alpha" he tells me with a smirk on his face. I growl at him and let him go.
Still lying on the floor he chuckles at the confused expression on my face. I throw a soft kick to his ribs telling him to get up and go back to training. Nate approaches and holds out a hand to help him back up. He nods at me and bows in acknowledgment. I give him small smile and go back to where Riley stands on the field. We start off our training by running 4 miles.
Once we complete that, we spar for around an hour. Then I teach him the art of guns and knives. Riley was exceptionally good at knife throwing. At the rate he was going, he would be better than me, Nate and Grace, in only a couple of weeks.
3 hours go by that we were on the field for, only stopping once Zaine mind linked me to remind me that I had to get ready for the ball. I checked my watch.
9:30.
The Gala started at 11:30 which meant I had about and hour to get ready seeing as how the event was an hour away from the pack. I finish up training with Riley before telling him I have to go. I mind link Grace on the way telling her to be prepared to take over the pack while I'm gone.
When I reach the pack house I find my dress in a black bag in my office.
I grab it and head to my cabin to ready myself for tonight.
I take a 15 minute shower, shaving and washing my body.
In order to perfectly execute my plan tonight I had to look the part. I dried my body and applied lotion to it leaving a rose scent. I let my hair dry as I begin to put on makeup. I give my eyes a touch of red with black liner. I curl my eyelashes and coat them with mascara that accentuate my eyes. I apply a cherry red lipstick on my lips.
All of this took about 30 minutes giving my hair time to dry enough to style it. I decide to put it in a low bun with curls in front.
Only having about 5 minutes left, I hurry to put the dress on. Once I have it on I struggle with the zipper. As I try to reach for it and fail miserably, I hear a knock on the front door.
I yell for them to come in, knowing that if they were a wolf they could hear me. I hear footsteps coming my way and I can tell who it is. I open the door before they knock and am met with the shocked eyes of Nate. His eyes roam over my figure in a non lustful way and his jaw drops. I shut it for him and tell him to help with the zipper. He does so fast and carefully. Once he was done I looked myself in the mirror. For once I was looking like a true Alpha Female.
I didn't stay in front of the mirror to long as Zaine mind linked me telling me the car was ready and he was waiting in front.
"Let's go" I say to Nate who seemed to have gotten over his initial shock.
Nate follows behind me as I mind link Riley telling him I was leaving and to stay on his best behavior. I get into the car Zaine brought out to drive us to the Gala. It was his favorite, an all black Lexi R8. It was admittedly a nice looking car.
Zaine was in the driver seat, while I was in the passenger seat and Nate in the back. I had decided to let Nate go seeing as how he wanted to be their for extra protection. I couldn't deny him this, when he thought it was his job to protect me and Grace because he failed to protect his sisters. I want to tell him that it wasn't true. That there was nothing he could do for his sisters because he was out of the country at the time, but if there's one thing I know about guilt, it's that no amount of it can change the past. His sisters will still be dead and he will still blame himself. The least I could do was be there for him and comfort him.

The hour ride there was filled with my Betas nonstop talking, which earned him a few snacks in the head from Nate and I, and 2 stops for, as Zaine called it "Potty breaks".
We arrived there 20 minutes late thanks to an annoyingly irritating Beta, but I guess with a ball like this there really is no such thing a late just as long as you show up.

I walk in with my head held high. Nate and Zaine on either side of me.
I could see the physical change in both as they became more serious and alert full.
We make our ways to the big and tall mahogany doors with guards on either side of them. I tell them my name and they open up the doors for me. I hear the talking and laughing of the people in the ballroom, only growing louder as the doors were opened. I take a deep breathe and walk into the room, Nate and Zaine behind me. It only takes a couple of seconds for everyone to notice me and quiet down.
I walk further into the room, where everyone stared at me. Some stare curiously, others stare with a calculating look, while some stare with a downright unfriendly face. My wolf and I could tell in our bones that there would be trouble tonight.
Not wanting to make a weak appearance I ignore the dirty looks and stares, making my way towards my table I hold my head up letting them know they are not effecting me.

As I'm about to reach my table a hand snaps out and grabs my wrist. I quickly grab the hand that holds mine and twist until they are forced to let go of me. Now holding their wrist in my hand I look up at the face of the wolf that had the audacity to touch me. Just as I'm about to let out a warning growl, I freeze.

I look up to see the face of my past.

The face of my broken heart.

The face of my pain.

The face of Xander Alvarez, my ex-mate.