Amanda

Ohayo! You don't have to read this but it will make the story more meaningful!

"Hi"
Someone spoke. They had a really quiet voice but just the one word held more kindness than I was ever shown in my 7 years of life.
I looked up to see who the person the voice came from was speaking to, but I was met with a girl around my age with blonde hair and big blue eyes that stared at me full of curiosity.
I looked around, surely she couldn't be talking to me.
"I AM talking to you, silly" she said.
I must have spoken out loud.
"Y-yes?" I asked.
She took a seat beside me in the damp grass, her clean white dress pressed into the ground, probably dirty now.
"Whatcha doing?" she asked casually.
"Drawing" I answered, looking down to the sketchbook I bought at the store a couple months back.
Suddenly she took the book from my hands and began flipping through it. I hid my shaking hands underneath my thighs. She was silent for a second before she spoke.
"These are awful" she said staring at me. I was speechless, the way she was so blunt was new to me.
That was the day we learned how funny awkward silences could be.
We both burst out laughing at the same time.
My stomach was beginning to hurt and tears started to fall out of my eyes.
After a couple minutes we finally settled down enough to speak again.
"I'm Amanda by the way, what's yours name?"
"Aletha" I answered quietly.
She threw me a peace sign and a huge cheesy smile.
"We're going to be bestfriends now, Aletha" she said happily.
"Ok!" I answered back.
"My parents are probably wondering where I'm at" she said looking around for them.
When she couldn't seem to find them she turned towards me.
"Where are yours?" She asked innocently.
"My dads probably asleep at home" I looked down to the ground.
"Oh, what about your mom?" She asked
"Dead" I answered back.
"oh" she said quietly.
"Well, I've got to be going now, but meet me here the same time tomorrow, 'Kay?" She said.
"Alright" I answered excited.

That night, for the first time ever, I went to bed with something happy to look forward to.