descendants

"Will it grow back?" Riley asks as we examine my finger turned nub.
"Nah man not unless she's part starfish" Zaine answers.

I feel all eyes turn to me, silently asking a question.
I rolled my eyes, "No, I am not part starfish"

Someone, most likely Zaine, let's out a sigh of disappointment and i hear a quiet "lame" followed by the sound of a smack.

It's been a couple of days since the attack and my body was slowly healing from any trauma I had received that day.

My mind on the otherhand...

I guess my friends can sense the disturbing feelings I had brewing in me as they took it upon themselves to stay by my side and nurse me back to health.

And they weren't the only ones.

Everyone quieted down when we heard the door of my cabin being opened.

We all recognized the scents, except Ethan who tensed up.

The door to my bedroom was opened by Beta Jackson and he was followed by Ace and Nikolai.

"Who's that"   I hear Ethan ask me.

"The Alpha we were talking about earlier, and his Beta and friend"

He relaxes his stance a little but still stays aware of his surroundings.

That was another thing, ever since the attack theyve all been much more protective. Which is saying something because once someone becomes an Alpha the bond of the pack will make them very protective.

" How do you feel?"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the deep Russian accent belonging to Ace.

I look into his eyes and am once again lost in them.

I hear zaine clear his throat and I feel the heat rush up my cheeks.

"I feel fine, I'll be back to work by tomorrow"

"No she wont" zaine clarifies.

We'd been fighting over it all day.

"Yes I will" I say as I give him a look, but he only ignores it and turns back to Ace who is watching the interaction with amusement.

"Shes cleared to go back to work on saturday" he says with a tight smile.

I roll my eyes and give up for now. I will be back to work by tomorrow, I've lost as much time as I could give. I still have a murder to solve.

"If you all don't mind, I'd like to have a quick word with your Alpha"

"Leave"

I tell them.

Once they all are out the room, Jackson and Nikolai follow them.

With just the 2 of us in the room, I'm suddenly much more aware of his presence than before.

He slowly walks over to my bed and sits down in the seat beside it.

"Tell me"

I dont have to tell him what I mean because he already knows.

He lets out a deep breath and leans over with his elbows resting on his thighs and his hands clasped together.

" Are you sure"

"Yes"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------