The Mates

Hey guys I have a couple questions.
Do y'all want me to make the chapters longer?
Am I moving to fast in the story or is it ok?
Let me know because these are both things I'm insecure about with this book it would be greatly appreciated thank you!
- Some Author

*******************************************
Edited

Xander POV
Everyone around me was either yelling or crying to each other and it was grating my nerves.
We've been discussing the death of my mother and a few pack members. No one knew who the culprits were, we only knew they weren't rogues. I've only been an alpha for about 2 years but I've been failing greatly, and with the death of my mother, the pack would need a Luna. I would need to take a mate. Only thing is I lost mine. I rejected her and she left.
If there was ever one thing I did in my life that I regretted it was this. Rejecting my mate just because I let the words and the thoughts of my pack get in the way.
After she left I spent a good 9-10 months looking for her, but stopped once the business of the pack got in the way. She's always on my mind 24/7 no matter what I'm doing. My wolf has been relatively quiet since she left. Angry with me for rejecting our gift from the moon goddess. I don't blame him, if I could I'd take it all back. I'd go back to that day and look my beautiful mate in her eyes as I accepted her for her and everything she was.
As I was lost in my thoughts everyone else continued to yell and cry trying to get their opinions across to each other. I could feel my wolf begin to get irritated as the the room only got louder.
"ENOUGH" Aldo, my wolf shouted. He had enough as they were irritating him to the point of rage. Everyone quieted down immediately.
"Albert" I called my beta. "I want any info you could get on the bordering packs and try to get meetings set up if you can. As soon as possible please." I look to everyone else and sigh "listen. I'll do everything I can to find whoever is behind it. I won't rest until they are found. So everyone quiet down and try not to cause panic in the pack. It's the last thing I need right now. Everyone is dismissed" With that everyone left. Except for one.
"Alpha" my beta Albert called out.
"Yes?"
"I just wanted to remind you that the ball is tomorrow. I've got everything set for when we leave. Your father will be heading the pack while we are gone." He says.
I nod my head at him and he leaves.
As soon as he does I open up my computer and look at what I left on it last time.
It was the file we had on Aletha from when she was still in the pack. All her school information, pictures and her family info. I looked to the screen at my beautiful mate. She had the softest looking skin I've ever seen. Her eyes the most beautiful shade of brown I've laid my eyes on. My wolf whimpers at the sight of our mate before completely shutting down on me like he always did.
I stay looking at my Aletha on the screen.

I'd get her back. One way or another.

********************************************
Ace POV
I walked around the halls of my castle, looking for my beta. That imbecile was always hard to find when I needed him. I tried mind linking him but I got no answer. The bastard was probably off somewhere with his face shoved in some whores legs. Wouldn't put it past him to be.
I gave up on finding him and walked to my library. The most serene place in my castle.
I unlocked the doors with the keys that only I had. I opened the doors and closed it behind me, locking it. I looked straight to the wall above the fireplace. The portrait of a woman with looks that can make Aphrodite herself jealous. Her beautiful wavy black hair stopping just above her waist. Her beautiful blue eyes looking down at me. Her beautiful pale skin, looking soft to the touch. It was. I remember running my fingers along her skin many times. My hands stroking her soft hair. Her beautiful eyes gleaming at me as she smiled the smile that made my whole world stop.
My mate.
She was taken away from me many years ago but the thought of her still made my heartache just as badly as the day she left me.
I still hadn't found the ones responsible for it, but once I did, well, let's just say that the devil would be asking me for mercy on their behalf.
I sat down on the couch located by the fireplace. My eyes still on my mate.

This year I'd be attending the ball, only this time I wouldn't have my beautiful mate at my side. As I did a few years ago, the last time I attended the gala. These balls were always the same. A room full of Alphas, Luna's, and Betas. Enemies glaring at enemies. Friends reunited once again. And new alliances being made.
The only half interesting thing I heard about this year's ball would be that the new heir of the Bloodrose Shadow pack would be making their debut.
Other than that I'd have to sit through 4 unnecessary time wasting hours.
A knock on the doors interrupted my thoughts.
I got up and opened the doors. There stood my Beta, Jackson.
I let out an irritated grunt and turn back to sit down.
"Where the hell have you been?" I ask my Beta.
"Sorry Alpha, I got caught up in previous activities" he says with a smug grin on his face.
I roll my eyes.

"I need you to get me a tux for tomorrow. Preferably all black. Thanks. Dismissed." He chuckles and leaves the room.
I open up a cabinet that sits beside the fireplace and take out some tequila. I pour myself a cup and start drinking. For the past week my wolf, Luca, has been restless. Something big is coming. We can both feel it.

I only hope that whatever the hell happens doesn't get in the way of what I want the most

Revenge for my mate